Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Einheitsfeldmutze by daniel fisher & oliver lock

Article about: Hi Ben I believe they are retailing at £30 plus p&p via Regimentals site. cheers Tony

?

Default Einheitsfeldmutze by daniel fisher & oliver lock

http://www.regimentals.co.uk/viewphoto.php?x=0

I've just seen that this "hard back photographic publication" is due out soon.
    I hope they can get the correct German spelling sorted out before then!

Apparently, this is "Following on from a sucessful series of articles in the UK magazine 'The Armouer'"

Does anyone have copies of this magazine so we can read the articles?
    Attached Images Attached Images Einheitsfeldmutze by daniel fisher & oliver lock 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Einheitsfeldmutze by daniel fisher & oliver lock
    P
    Many

Default Re: Einheitsfeldmutze by daniel fisher & oliver lock

Hi Ben and all interested parties,

If I may add a start to this thread.

I've briefly seen the proto-type copy of this publication and although einheitsfeldmütze is missing the umlaut there are some excellent close up photos of the various caps and at initial inspection I thought the book looks ok.

Please bear in mind my view is based as a non-expert on these types of caps and i was looking at it from a lots of pictures of original examples perspective.......

I have NOT read the text that goes in the book and as such I am not in a position to either endorse or support the publication as a piece of work that adds value to the novice or even advanced collector at this time.

Now I must also point out that I have no vested interest in this project but the book does contain an example that belongs to me.

As with all these things the proof will be in the reading.

hope this helps the debate

cheers

tony

?

Hi Tony, thanks for the info.

I'm intrigued by this publication. Never heard of Oliver Lock and I wouldn't consider Daniel Fisher an authority on the subject either.
    That's why I asked if anyone could post the articules from the magazine so we can see the quality of the information being dished out.
    Even the M43 on the front cover is open to doubt or least, it would not be my first choice as a typical original example to study.

?

Can't remember any articles in the Armourer Ben but i haven't been getting it regulary over the last year , books must be becoming a new Regimentals sideline as i know they are working on one of Denison smocks !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Maybe I'm being too harsh but to leave the umlaut out on the front cover is just a school boy error and not a good start.

?

Not good to have a mistake like that on the front cover !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Especially when there have been some splendid publications recently in the German language which really raises the benchmark for this kind of study.
    FB has kindly pointed out many of them which would have otherwise fallen beneath the radar.

I agree on the omission of the umlaut not being a good start in respect of impact and confidence in the contents.

I can't comment on the expertise of either author as I don't know their personnel collecting history and haven't seen the mentioned articles either.

My understanding is the publication is part of their business and an on-going theme to publish the collections of individuals either singly or in groups which will include a book on denison smocks, the Imperial German Army 1914-1918 and even one on the evolution of the german army service cap.

The only comment I will make on the evolution book is that it IF THE WORD Schirmmütze appears it WILL HAVE AN UMLAUT IN THE TITLE !

cheers

tony

?

Well, if their business is moving towards publishing, they have to get the spelling correct! there really is no excuse for getting it wrong.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Especially when there have been some splendid publications recently in the German language which really raises the benchmark for this kind of study.
    FB has kindly pointed out many of them which would have otherwise fallen beneath the radar.
    The publications mentioned are Austrian/German from Militaria Verlag, the editor of whom is in my beloved city of Vienna. The work from Zeughaus Verlag is from Berlin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Einheitsfeldmutze by daniel fisher & oliver lock   Einheitsfeldmutze by daniel fisher & oliver lock  

Attached Images Attached Images Einheitsfeldmutze by daniel fisher & oliver lock 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast