Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Einheitsmütze model 43

Article about: Hi fellow collectors, I have bought a german cap, Einheitsmütze model 1943, and I would like your comments on autenticity. It's an officer's cap with the piping removed. There is slight wear

Default Einheitsmütze model 43

Hi fellow collectors,
    I have bought a german cap, Einheitsmütze model 1943, and I would like your comments on autenticity. It's an officer's cap with the piping removed. There is slight wear on the rim and a hole on top. There is a moth hole in the sewn on badge. No name, numbers or name of maker inside. It is very well made with a small wooden 'tvig' in the sweatband. It smells 70 years old too.
    I have seen sooo many fakes but I believe this one to be real even though it has 4 air holes, which is quite uncommon (?) on the M43.
    I would appriciate any comments regarding this cap. Thakn You for letting me into your world.
    Sincerely Yours
    Lasse Hyllemose
    Denmark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Einheitsmütze model 43
    P
    Many

I just add that it was bought i western France (Vannes).

Me thinks West German police or Bundeswher origin lets see what the experts think ? cheers Paul

This is a postwar Bundeswehr cap and not WWII Period Production, friend...The liner is typical West German...
    Despite the unpleasant news, I welcome you to our Forum, and recommend posting here first before buying in the future...We're happy to help, and it's always a pleasure to welcome a new Gold Club Member!
    cheers, Glenn

You must know this kind of item is very rare in France !
    In the 70's I saw the first fakes coming from Great Britain, and I never bought such a cap! Do you bougt it to a pro, buy the net?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hi Lasse, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to say the other forum members are correct and that this is a post war cap with fake insignia applied. Douglas

I agree with all,sorry.

I am overwhelmed by Your answers. Thank You verey much all of you for your kind welcome! I began having doubtes when I compared with all the other caps but I really thought it was the right stuff. I wasn't, and i am greatfull for your sincere and thorough answers. I bought it at a shop that had the cap in comission for 150 euros. It was actually to good to bee true!
    Yours very sincerely
    Lasse

The liner sweat band is typical of post war. Too bad this was not a period piece. Keep trying and come here with good photos before you buy if possible. NH

Looks like it might have had officer piping on it at one time, but the scammer trying to sell it ripped it off to avoid an instant red flag...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."