MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Erel IR 17 officer visor cap

Article about: Hello Guys... This is my recently arrived IR 17 officer visor cap. I mostly like the IR 17 ink stamp.

Thanks for your time and effort HPL!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erel IR 17 officer visor cap
    P
    Many

?

Smile

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Not really, I'm afraid...

In any case, can't add anything to that, really. I agree that it says "Landes-Lief. Gen." for "Landeslieferungsgenossenschaft", of that I am certain.

After this would follow a geographical designation (comparable markings are, for example, "Lago Wien" or "LAGO, Berlin") so "Graz" would be plausible.

Still, it's a bit odd that the - unfortunately unclear - last character in that word is taller than the "a", which would be an unusual design for a lower case "z" in any font. It looks more like an "f", but "Graf" doesn't make sense to me here.

(It's definitely not an "ſ", as the "long s" wouldn't be used at the end of a word. Not that "Gras" would make more sense, anyway.)
    Gras auf deutsch?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Gras auf deutsch?
    Yes; that would make sense on a packet of lawn seeds or marijuana, but not in a cap.

Can anyone please tell me why it is that some of the IR 17 cap eagles are made of metal and then some of them are sewn-on embroidered patches instead?

Quote by MJH1963 View Post
    Can anyone please tell me why it is that some of the IR 17 cap eagles are made of metal and then some of them are sewn-on embroidered patches instead?
    The standard-issue cap eagles and cockade wreaths were made of metal.

Hand-embroidered ones were a permitted option for private-purchase caps (however, for NCOs and other ranks, they were restricted for off-duty wear, while officers could wear them for all occasions).

An order of 16 November 1942 officially prohibited the manufacture of hand-embroidered cap badges for the duration of the war, although existing stocks were used up and worn out, so they were worn right up to the end of the war.

(Of course, all of this did not just apply to IR 17, but the whole army.)

?

Mine from many moons ago....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erel IR 17 officer visor cap  

?

My Erel Cavalry crusher (13th Reiter Regiment)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erel IR 17 officer visor cap  

Very nice visors!

One more:

Wonderfull caps! thanks for sharing

Here is a cap from the regiment pre 1933. Along with a little artistic licence of other IR17 related items............

cheers

Tony

Erel IR 17 officer visor capErel IR 17 officer visor capErel IR 17 officer visor capErel IR 17 officer visor capErel IR 17 officer visor capErel IR 17 officer visor capErel IR 17 officer visor cap

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast