Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Erel Schupo Officer's schirmutze

Article about: As most of you know, I am a civil visor collector, with a strong interest in the visors of the Polizei. Most police officers you see are actually EM/NCO visors with Officer's chincords, as t

Default Erel Schupo Officer's schirmutze

As most of you know, I am a civil visor collector, with a strong interest in the visors of the Polizei. Most police officers you see are actually EM/NCO visors with Officer's chincords, as the higher-ranked NCO's were allowed to wear them. (The give-away is the lesser-quality wool, padding, and lining, as well as the one-piece flat NCO eagle).

This is a true Officer's visor for an Officer of the Schutzpolizei (they used green Truppenfarbe). The hat is made by Robert Lubstein (Erel), and is their highest-quality class of hat, a "Privat", with the characteristic pale-green lining.

The eagle is also a true-officers, being a 2-piece model, with polished highlights. While the Kokarde is vented, there are no grommets behind either the eagle or the cockade, something usually seen on mid- to late-war caps (which this one is.)

This hat was never issued/worn, probably due to it's being a large size, approximately a 59-60:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erel Schupo Officer's schirmutze   Erel Schupo Officer's schirmutze  

Erel Schupo Officer's schirmutze   Erel Schupo Officer's schirmutze  

Erel Schupo Officer's schirmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erel Schupo Officer's schirmutze
    P
    Many

Default re: Erel Schupo Officer's schirmutze

That's a beauty Stone, I love the mint green Privat.

Gorgeous! I love and collect anything Polizei. Sometimes size really does matter....but don't tell my wife. r.

That is a great looking shupo visor stonemint, well done.

Thanks, guys. I only started collecting Polizei visors a few years ago. Back when I started collecting 30 years agi, I snubbed the Police visors, as I thought they looked "odd" with the cyclopean cockade on the peak (compared to all my Wehrmacht/SS visors). However, over the years I have really learned to appreciate them and the complexity of the Polizei overall.

I'm still looking for the elusive "stonemint" Gemeinde and Feuerschutzpolizei Officer's visors (preferably double-vented doeskin Erels, of course!)