Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum

Article about: I wonder why they even try their antics here.

?

Default Re: Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum

I wonder why they even try their antics here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum
    P
    Many

?

Looks like they utilized the interior lining of a genuine Bundeswehr hat of some sort.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum   Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum  

Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum   Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum  

I have only seen one Beinhorn which I believed was authentic to the period--this Luftwaffe Flak visor:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum   Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum  

Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

It's that orange plastic lining material in the SS stinker that looks familiar to me. A lot of 1960's caps have the same. Interesting how the post war material manufacturers re-created the 1930's wasserdicht material but in plastic. In some cases, they even incorporated a "texture" grain on it to imitate the weave of the original oil cloth material.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum  

?

The name Shakespear rings a bell with me , is'nt that one of the alias's that our old friend PN has used, i seem to remember someone giving us a number of different names for him

The orange plastic that looks like waterproof cotton is quite typical in 1950s caps I have seen. The West Berlin police used such a thing.
    The Beinhorn fake is a rare item with its own charm and meaning, I think. I wouldn't buy it, mind you, but the person who made it may well have made real SS caps.
    I will check whether Beinhorn was an RZM maker.
    In any case, a item of passing interest amid the boredom and sameness of these threads.

?

In respect of your statements regarding one of the better fakes especially when combined to the period of possible manufacture, and the possiblity of an actual SS or TR milliner making this particular cap, how would the stitching compare ,and the internal construction bear up against genuine articles

Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumFake Black SS Cap On For Sale Forum
    Quote by davejb View Post
    In respect of your statements regarding one of the better fakes especially when combined to the period of possible manufacture, and the possiblity of an actual SS or TR milliner making this particular cap, how would the stitching compare ,and the internal construction bear up against genuine articles
    Please compare images of this item to the many images I have posted. The differences are self evident. The Beinhorn cap has a funny cap cover, but it does seem to have a leather peak. The 1950s interior, obviously, diverges from a 1930s interior, of which we have many, many images.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-28-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Fake Black SS Cap On For Sale ForumThis might also be a Beinhorn fake of the early make.

I had an acquaintance here of German nationality who in the 1960s returned to the FRG to have copies of grey SS caps made by cap makers from original textiles, etc. I recall these items very clearly, but they were not made by Beinhorn. They were present forty years ago, in the early 1970s. Nor were these caps Atwood caps, either. They were better made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2