Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feldmütze sidecap

Article about: hi all First of all i am not 100% sure if this is original if someone could help it would be awesome. Sorry about the photos these are the best which the guy sent me. also anyone know what r

Default Feldmütze sidecap

hi all

First of all i am not 100% sure if this is original if someone could help it would be awesome.
    Sorry about the photos these are the best which the guy sent me.
    also anyone know what regiment would of worn this side cap please .
    thanks for your help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmütze sidecap   Feldmütze sidecap  

Feldmütze sidecap   Feldmütze sidecap  

Feldmütze sidecap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldmütze sidecap
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

At first glance I thought it was good, but looking closer, the stitching is pretty poorly done. But please wait for more opinions.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

i was concerned the same about the stitching but thank you for your replies he wants £150 is that the going rate for it and does anyone know what division its from please

?

As Ade points out, it’s a good original.
    Bear in mind that the stitching would have been a much darker shade when new and any imperfections less visible. It is only the fading of this thread that reveals the quality.
    The Adler appears original to the cap, though I cannot be quite so sure about the cockade, without closer inspection; no inference should be taken from this as I have no real reason to doubt it. That said, it has certainly been there a very long time and I would always be inclined to leave it anyway, especially as it may well be a period replacement by the soldier himself (any attempt at further replacement would only look far newer, after all)!

As for who might have worn this Feldmuetze, the Heer is your oyster!
    Without soutache (frequently removed from early caps, due to transfer, then eventually omitted altogether), this example is appropriate to every branch of the Army.

The price seems reasonable for one in such condition. It is a quite faded and well worn example, which in itself makes it all the more interesting and evocative (and just looks great on a mannequin). The fabric appears quite intact and moth-free.
    Who knows where this has been? We can but imagine...
    While some prefer the cleaner examples of such artefacts, there is a place for all ranges of condition in collecting.. and an equal value in history.

I like it.
    All the best,
    Bob

£150 is a good price. Buy it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!