MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Female side cap? Signal Corp.

Article about: My buddy just sent this to me. Picked it up at an auction. The tag attached states: Female WWII German Auxillary Signals. I've never seen this sort of piping before. It's very well sewn incl

Default Female side cap? Signal Corp.

My buddy just sent this to me. Picked it up at an auction. The tag attached states: Female WWII German Auxillary Signals. I've never seen this sort of piping before. It's very well sewn including the piping around the small signal blitz, which also may be hand-made.
    No marking inside which is clean and bright. Really the cap seems rather new to be period. Nothing glows with blacklite so all thread is cotton. What do you think? I like the quality of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Female side cap? Signal Corp.   Female side cap? Signal Corp.  

Female side cap? Signal Corp.   Female side cap? Signal Corp.  

Female side cap? Signal Corp.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Female side cap? Signal Corp.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Female side cap? Signal Corp.

That is the first I have seen. I like it.
    The model is a little doll.

this is a signal cap I think...

Quote by SteveR View Post
    That is the first I have seen. I like it.
    The model is a little doll.
    Thank you. The little lass is my daughter Dering. She's patient with me now and loves my "warroom". Soon it will only be clothes and boys and I'll be forgotten.

hi
    if it would be yellow and black twisted it would be for a stabshelferin but the green yellow one i never seen before.
    the flash on the left side was only optional not like the side cap from a blitzmädel.

Thanks, I'm still puzzled over this one. rick

The shape and construction of the nachrichten blitz is not like any period example I have ever encountered. The odd construction along with the like new condition would give me concerns over the originality of this piece.
    The fakers have worked around the glow element for some time now. My gut feeling is this is 4th Reich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Personally I think this is a re-enactors cap.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks chaps, I absolutely agree and probably worth the $40 my buddy paid as just that, a reenactor's cap. I think this might be one of those occasions where someone made something nice with no intention to deceive. I first thought that piping might be U.S. We had all sorts of colors for all sorts of branches. I have a b&w picture of my grandfather, who was a radioman in the armored infantry and drove a halftrack, in an overseas hat and I can't tell if the piping is yellow for signal corp, gold for calvary, blue for infantry, green for armored division, etc. Thanks for the comments, just trying to generate interest. rick

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings All,

The Eagle is a know reproduction!

Fred