Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Feuerwehr Dienstmütze

Article about: This one just came in , it's a German fireman's service cap , called a "Dienstmütze" in German. ( not to be confused with an army m43 Einheitsfeldmütze ). Dark blue cap with a Carm

DRK
    ?

Default Feuerwehr Dienstmütze

This one just came in , it's a German fireman's service cap , called a "Dienstmütze" in German. ( not to be confused with an army m43 Einheitsfeldmütze ).

Dark blue cap with a Carmine branch piping , 2 aluminum pebbled buttons ( non-functional ) at the front and an aluminum "Polizei Hoheitsadler" ( police cap eagle ).

The Carmine piping was allowed till 1942 , after this date only officer's were allowed to wear ( silver / aluminum ) piping on their caps.

The cap has a brown leather sweatband and a celluloid sweatshield.

These caps were also made / worn after 1945 but with grey leather sweatbands and plastic sweatshields.

I had to put the police cap eagle back on the cap again because it was removed by the previous owner due to auction site restrictions / local laws...... but the holes in the cap and the prongs of the cap eagle lined up very well. No signs of post war German fire service cap insignia.....

Theo

Feuerwehr DienstmützeFeuerwehr DienstmützeFeuerwehr DienstmützeFeuerwehr DienstmützeFeuerwehr Dienstmütze

Feuerwehr DienstmützeFeuerwehr Dienstmütze
    Last edited by DRK; 06-15-2014 at 02:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feuerwehr Dienstmütze
    P
    Many

Theo, I like it--the carmine piping is typical of that used during the TR (unlike the somewhat darker carmine of the BRD).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

a nice cap.