Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

First Heer Schirmütze

Article about: by HistoryIsMe I dont have a visor cap, as much as I love them they are just so expensive for a nice one. Though I thoroughly enjoy looking at everyone's Caps and mabey one day soon I will f

Default First Heer Schirmütze

I'd like to show my first and only visor, recent purchace, i'm more into helmets but i wanted to expand alittle, i believe it's a calvary type but thats all i know, as seen in the photos, there are some crude sewing repairs but i can live with it concidering the price i paid, any more info would be great, thanks, Craig.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First Heer Schirmütze   First Heer Schirmütze  

First Heer Schirmütze   First Heer Schirmütze  

First Heer Schirmütze   First Heer Schirmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Heer Schirmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: First Heer Schirmütze

Yours is a cavalry Tellermuetze as issued to troops from the quartermaster system of the German army.

In my long lost and much lamented youth, such objects in un used condition cost all of 25 dollars and were richly available in their dozens in all Waffenfarben.

Of course, you could also have dinner for two for five dollars, and a middle class house cost all of 15,000 dollars as well.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Yours is a cavalry Tellermuetze as issued to troops from the quartermaster system of the German army.

In my long lost and much lamented youth, such objects in un used condition cost all of 25 dollars and were richly available in their dozens in all Waffenfarben.

Of course, you could also have dinner for two for five dollars, and a middle class house cost all of 15,000 dollars as well.
    How much was a black cap worth then? And what was your first cap?

Craig, that's a really nice looking hat. I have a salty cap too. You will love having this with your helmets.

First Heer SchirmützeMy first black SS enlisted cap cost 125 dollars in 1971 or 1972. The first black tunic cost 275 dollars in trade.

The price is immaterial. The cavalry cap is authentic, and I am very fond of cavalry caps.

KSH
    ?

That's a very nice well used Schirmmütze - quite a fine first cap, Craig. This cap has suffered a bit through poor repair work as you yourself have pointed out, but fully collectable nontheless and full of soul! My first cap was also a Heer cap without a maker's stencil (some collectors seem obsessed with these stencils and regard many caps as pretty much worthless if it is not present). For me all that counts in the end is that the cap is a period piece and then I just take it from there

- Kenneth

First Heer Schirmützefor those with an interest in this Waffenfarbe and somewhat more money, if I had the extra dough, I would buy this piece.

KSH
    ?

First Heer Schirmützefor those with an interest in this Waffenfarbe and somewhat more money, if I had the extra dough, I would buy this piece.
    Now that's a beauty F-B! Among the finest cavalry caps I have ever seen. What is the asking price?

- Kenneth

Quote by KSH View Post
    Now that's a beauty F-B! Among the finest cavalry caps I have ever seen. What is the asking price?

- Kenneth
    I think about 2400 dollars or so. It is on the Grenadier Site, with which I have no commercial link at all.

I had a general's cap with a leather peak and cellon piping from this no German maker, I think, from Bremen, but I am not certain.

I do not want to take anything away from the Tellermuetze here.

I am very fond of army caps and still own several.

KSH
    ?

I think about 2400 dollars or so. It is on the Grenadier Site, with which I have no commercial link at all.

I had a general's cap with a leather peak and cellon piping from this no German maker, I think, from Bremen, but I am not certain.

I do not want to take anything away from the Tellermuetze here.

I am very fond of army caps and still own several.
    The Tellermütze in question stands on its own merit I believe whatever may be uttered in this thread by us weak mortals always prone to digression. This golden yellow Waffenfarbe on Feldgrau is certainly a marvel to behold be it a "low-end" cap or a "high-end" cap.

- Kenneth

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast