Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

First pattern sun helmet

Article about: Hi folks, Need some help on this item. It is marked "57" on the liner and "Stocko" on the air vent. There is a stamp on the leather sweat band "Made in Germany"

Default First pattern sun helmet

Hi folks, Need some help on this item. It is marked "57" on the liner and "Stocko" on the air vent. There is a stamp on the leather sweat band "Made in Germany" which is throwing me off. Do I recall correctly that sun helmets were sold as surplus and marked in this manner? There are three pin holes on either side where it looks like insignia were removed. If it is a good item I need to know a fair value. Looks to be pretty close to mint. NH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First pattern sun helmet   First pattern sun helmet  

First pattern sun helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First pattern sun helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: First pattern sun helmet

Your recollection is correct. The "Made in Germany" import was added in the 1960's due to US importation laws.

Got to be worth about £100.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Your recollection is correct. The "Made in Germany" import was added in the 1960's due to US importation laws.

Got to be worth about £100.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi, its a first pattern heer example, and looks like it might be a green type, which might make it worth a bit more, but the postwar germany stamp detracts from its value, though I think its worth maybe a bit more than Ade, c.£150UK.

Jerry

Thanks mates. I will offer just under $200 and see where I land. Neil

Well how about $110? I was the highest bidder on this bid board item. Neil H.

Hi Neil, that is £72 in my money, so that was fine.

Cheers, Ade.

I'll echo Ade and Jerry on this one...the "made in Germany" stamp detracts a bit but,on the other hand,it's a minty first model,which is not bad!Remember that you'll have to pony up the money for the side shields but then again it won't be too noticeable a restoring like it would be on a cap or a tunic!
    Nice pit
    Cheers
    Manny