Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

First pattern tropical helmet follow up

Article about: Thanks friends, I successfully bid on and won the first pattern tropical helmet for \\$100 plus auction costs. It does not have the insignia and I want to pick up a set. The pin holes are visi

Default First pattern tropical helmet follow up

Thanks friends, I successfully bid on and won the first pattern tropical helmet for $100 plus auction costs. It does not have the insignia and I want to pick up a set. The pin holes are visible on each side in a triangle pattern - two on top and one on the bottom. I assume then that it may have had Heer shields. Any idea on cost and availability of replacements and how to ID real ones? Neil H.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First pattern tropical helmet follow up   First pattern tropical helmet follow up  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First pattern tropical helmet follow up
    P
    Many

Default Re: First pattern tropical helmet follow up

Thats a good lid, 100% Heer type and thats a great price. Shields are fairly easy to pick up, I saw some at a fleamarket on sunday, but I did'nt ask the price. You might get some for the same sort of price as you paid for the lid, but they are getting more pricey. If they have thick round brass pins and no mm, they are probably fakes, otherwise look for quality of detail and nicely mounted pins. If mm'd, they are probably good.

Jerry