Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

flak visor cap

Article about: I would like to buy this cap. Is this Original? Don't see any problems but a second opinion does not hurt. If Original please remove/replace to the cloth headgear section one more question:

Default flak visor cap

I would like to buy this cap. Is this Original? Don't see any problems but a second opinion does not hurt. If Original please remove/replace to the cloth headgear section one more question: Is there any chance I can figure out the maker of this cap?

best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture flak visor cap   flak visor cap  

flak visor cap   flak visor cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement flak visor cap
    P
    Many

Looks original to me. Deutsche Wertarbeit means something like German craftsmanship - probably a generic logo for a contract made cap. Someone with more knowledge should chime in. It probably has two perforations for the Adler and you can replace it easily. NH

Any stamps under the sweat band? It is not unusual to see a unit ink stamp there. NH

It has not yet been in my hands. I will take a quick look if I buy it and If the sweatband is still bendable. I hope some of the experienced members recognize the characteristics of this generic logo.

Good wartime private-purchase Flak.
    Be careful pulling down the sweatband--it is ersatz, and they rip/tear/wrinkle very easily.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Be careful pulling down the sweatband--it is ersatz, and they rip/tear/wrinkle very easily.
    I probably won't find any markings since it is a private purchase. Any idea about the manufacturer/ production year? By the quality and materials I would guess it is rather early war?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Very sound advice. Better yet, don't even touch the Ersatz sweatband.

Yours is a nice piece, with character.

The only thing you need is some Hoheitszeichen that is of similar make to the wreath and so forth.

eagle is included. hat came from ebay so the owner had to remove it. If you take some time and keep your eyes open for all the stinkers, patience is often rewared. Ebay can be a very pleasing place for the visoraddict so now and then.

Quote by vonbrugge View Post
    eagle is included. hat came from ebay so the owner had to remove it. If you take some time and keep your eyes open for all the stinkers, patience is often rewared. Ebay can be a very pleasing place for the visoraddict so now and then.
    Bravo. I do not like stinkers. I seldom look in ebay.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bravo. I do not like stinkers. I seldom look in ebay.
    ebay (here in europe) has one big advantage when it comes to visor hats. Especially when compared to other sorts of german collectibles. In europe, the vast majority of third reich military materials was thrown away after the war. Especially in Germany. But that does not fully count for visor caps. At the time, visor caps were omnipresent. As we all know, countless varities existed. (Civil) caps (with removed insignia) do not refer as much to the military regime as for example steel helmets would do. For that reason they were spared and quite often ended up in the closet or attic. Due to this reason and ofcourse since so many caps were made, they often pop up on ebay with the seller (and even the buyers) not Always knowing what they are dealing with. That is quite a scarce phenomenon in the era of the internet.