Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Found Cap, What is it ?

Article about: Can anyone help me identify this Cap, I think it's an M43 but cannot match the shape of the Badge. Cap well worn, but good condition badge. Step Father is now in his 90's, can't tell me how

?

Default Found Cap, What is it ?

Can anyone help me identify this Cap, I think it's an M43 but cannot match the shape of the Badge. Cap well worn, but good condition badge. Step Father is now in his 90's, can't tell me how he got it, but he was one of the first British tanks into Berlin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found Cap, What is it ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found Cap, What is it ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Found Cap, What is it ?

Looks like a coastal artillery m43 cap to me! IMO possibly late war.
    ~Dean

?

It seems to be the closest match I've seen, except for the actual shape of the Eagle Patch, As for late War, that would be right as Step Father served most of the war in North Africa. Thanks for your help.

?

The material does not look like any TR material used in M43's I am familiar with. Try posting the entire hat, both the inside and outside.

Can't comment on the cap, I'll leave that to those who know their stuff, but the eagle is probably a French made example -see attached image of a similar type- which has been attached in the M44 tunic style, seen from late 43 onwards, IMO, mostly on tunics, but sometimes on caps as well. The Tropical cap example is from NZMark's collection and I assume he does not mind my using it. The un used coastal art cap eagle and the Km tropical tunic eagle examples are from my collection.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found Cap, What is it ?   Found Cap, What is it ?  

Found Cap, What is it ?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

More images as promised. Hadn't paid much attention before but there is only one button on the cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found Cap, What is it ?   Found Cap, What is it ?  

Found Cap, What is it ?  

?

Sorry, IMO this is not a TR cap. Most likely a civilian post war hat. The M43 style hat was very popular for many years among the civilian population after the war.