Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

freikorps wehrwolf schirmmutze

Article about: here i think i found a freikorps wehrwolf schirmmutze yesterday at a local antics store, looks a bit eaten up but was not high priced and i liked the skull on it, at first i did not know wha

Default freikorps wehrwolf schirmmutze

here i think i found a freikorps wehrwolf schirmmutze yesterday at a local antics store, looks a bit eaten up but was not high priced and i liked the skull on it, at first i did not know what it could be then im a little bit new to all the militaria collecting but after a lot of google i found some similar to this one and they called them wehrwolf visor cap´s so i will do the same here, corect me if im wrong then im still have a lot to learn here, first i like to know - am i right is this a wehrwolf visor or what else can this be, and second question is is there some way to get it restorated from someone or is there no one who can do things like that and when there is some one has this cap any value at all or is it better to just remove the insignia and trow the rest in the bin or is there a value in this state of being right now too, or just better sell this one to someone who likes to display this cap as is, i know so many question´s at one time but i really dont know what i have and if it is worth the question asking or not, not that i dont like the cap but i just dont know what i got this time, is it a hoax or is it a long lost part in the foodchain of a collector or someone likes to bite me just for asking all this...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture freikorps wehrwolf schirmmutze   freikorps wehrwolf schirmmutze  

freikorps wehrwolf schirmmutze   freikorps wehrwolf schirmmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement freikorps wehrwolf schirmmutze
    P
    Many

Default Re: freikorps wehrwolf schirmmutze

Hi

Thanks for showing the cap. It's certainly had the moths have a go at it.

If I;m not mistaken the piping on the cap is grey ? and the cap band cloth also grey ? If so this is more likely to be a redcross other ranks cap.
    The bonus may be that it is original TR though !

I think the skull is a later addition. On the cap band at the front it looks as if there are some holes where a wreath would have been pinned on. should be three...one at the bottom and one either side of the cockade.

In respect of restoration it's possible but looks ok IMO as it is......

hope this helps

tony

?

I would wait for BenVK to have a look at this one, if your looking for someone whos got the necessary restoration skills then i would suggest hes your man, a big bonus is that you live in the UK as Ben does

IMO, it is a Red Cross (DRK) visor with incorrect insignia. They used a slate-gray band with white piping and a charcoal gray body.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Stonemint is Correct
    The Cap Insignia is Incorrect ( it is Early Waffen SS ) circa 1934-1937
    Library of Congress German Military Uniforms Reference Section( 1919-1938 Friekorps Uniforms and insignia )
    Fabrics and textiles used in the manufacturing of Uniforms and field Equipment[/B].

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

Thanks for showing the cap. It's certainly had the moths have a go at it.

If I;m not mistaken the piping on the cap is grey ? and the cap band cloth also grey ? If so this is more likely to be a redcross other ranks cap.
    The bonus may be that it is original TR though !

I think the skull is a later addition. On the cap band at the front it looks as if there are some holes where a wreath would have been pinned on. should be three...one at the bottom and one either side of the cockade.

In respect of restoration it's possible but looks ok IMO as it is......

hope this helps

tony
    yes the piping is gray,

but why add a skull then to a red cross cap, that sounds weard to me but you never know what other peopel do and think it will sell better or what reason they have to do things like this then

i dont know but i cant display a cap like this oterwise my wife would kill me and would ask me what junk this time and in that case i beter remove the skull and sell the cap to someone who likes a beat up cap like this or if the price is right i will think about get ot restored, can you think of a value in this state of beeing

anything helps, thank you tony

Quote by davejb View Post
    I would wait for BenVK to have a look at this one, if your looking for someone whos got the necessary restoration skills then i would suggest hes your man, a big bonus is that you live in the UK as Ben does

let´s wait for his replay

Quote by stonemint View Post
    IMO, it is a Red Cross (DRK) visor with incorrect insignia. They used a slate-gray band with white piping and a charcoal gray body.
    so it is safe to say that it is ok to remove the skull from the cap, do you think the skull is a real skull of some sort or more or less a copy item then, still can not understand how people think and will add the wrong insignia to a hat

Hi

The value is always a tricky subject.

The condition makes it harder to sell and it also needs correct insignia to be added.
    A minty one from a dealer would probably cost you about £350 -£400 so that will give you a starting reference point for the value of yours.

The cap has some merits and I like the interior and addition of the owners initials on the sweatband.

No problem with removing the skull as it should,nt be there. If it's a good one it's worth more than the cap but I don't think it is ....sorry

Ben VK is worth asking to see if the cap band can be repaired/replaced. value and saleability would increase at this point.

cheers

tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

The value is always a tricky subject.

The condition makes it harder to sell and it also needs correct insignia to be added.
    A minty one from a dealer would probably cost you about £350 -£400 so that will give you a starting reference point for the value of yours.

The cap has some merits and I like the interior and addition of the owners initials on the sweatband.

No problem with removing the skull as it should,nt be there. If it's a good one it's worth more than the cap but I don't think it is ....sorry

Ben VK is worth asking to see if the cap band can be repaired/replaced. value and saleability would increase at this point.

cheers

tony
    then i will remove the skull tomorrow and post some extra photos, but to me the skull look older then the cap itself but im not the expert in that case and at least i only spend £30 for it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast