Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Gauleitung cap piping

Article about: Hello, all-- Could someone please clear up the differences in color in Gau piping for me? Is it manufacturer difference or regulation change or both? Which piping is more scarce, the maroon

Default Gauleitung cap piping

Hello, all--

Could someone please clear up the differences in color in Gau piping for me? Is it manufacturer difference or regulation change or both? Which piping is more scarce, the maroon or "wine" variant? I know earlier Gau caps had a brighter red piping, but what accounts for the differences here? (Pictures attached are courtesy of Bruce Herman and Jeff Clark).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gauleitung cap piping   Gauleitung cap piping  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gauleitung cap piping
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gauleitung cap piping

I would consider both pipings equal in rarity. Finding a red piped cap that has not been upgraded to 4th pattern insignia is probably the hardest to find.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Veru nice cap !

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I would consider both pipings equal in rarity. Finding a red piped cap that has not been upgraded to 4th pattern insignia is probably the hardest to find.
    Thanks, Bob. Are both of these upgraded then? How can you usually tell?

Prior to the introduction of the 1939 4th pattern uniform change, the officials of the Gauleitung wore red piping on their collar tabs, tunics and caps. The 1939 regulations changed the piping color to bordeaux and added the oakleaf wreath. There was a wearout time for old uniforms and hats so many gau level political leaders simply added the oakleaf wreath to their red piped cap. I hope this answers your question clearly.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.