Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

The Genesis of the "Same Plane"?

Article about: by ErWeSa Plus the workmanship - I tried out cuts of caps with the "perfect" shape, yet when I sewed them, they looked disappointingly different. But one should never give up to do

Do you know whether these were individual productions or mass production? Especially this shape.
    I know there were price differences.
    The extraclass was probably only made by authorized persons.
    Hence the many secrets about this form.

Stonemint do you have a special favorite cap? Which shape would you prefer?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Genesis of the "Same Plane"?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Not only is this same-plane, this guy has a peak like Mt Everest:

Leo, what do you think? Stahlbügelverfahren? - looks very much like the ones you made according to it and wich I like so much!

Oh Yes sir!
    Panzer cap

Not quite as nice but on the right track.
    Last edited by Leonidas; 05-21-2020 at 10:38 PM.

This are the new shape.

Damn, L, it looks just like the one in the photo--congrats!
    Attached Images Attached Images The Genesis of the "Same Plane"?  The Genesis of the "Same Plane"? 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thank you!
    Without the help from this forum and the nice people , I would never have been able to live out my interests like this But I still have to work a lot on the patterns.

coole Militaria

If I recall correctly, Wolfgang found this Italian-maker selection guide, which allows the Officer to select the rake (angle) of his visor.
    I have not seen anything remotely like it from the German makers, either with regard to visor rake or the band being on the same plane as the peak.

I would have to assume that each maker stuck to a pattern, and if the soldier did not like it, he would just go somewhere else.
    However, there is still a lot we do not know, and I believe we have barely scratched the surface when it comes to TR visor hat manufacture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Genesis of the "Same Plane"?  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Maybe they were determined by the norm. One sees mainly with the standard form according to Hempe the smaller visors for post office, fire brigade or police officers.

This could still be important. How many companies have made visors? I only know pleusers. Perhaps there were only a few shapes for sale that were determined by the clothing department.

?

There seem to have been different regulations for the different organisations, as Leo says Hempe specifies a few:

Interestingly enough small tolerances were allowed, nothing dramatic though.

Are other manufacturers known as pleusers?
    It has been around since 1871, if I'm not wrong. Since the creation of the Peaked Caps.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast