Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A good investment?

Article about: I know NSDAP political caps are not that rare but i am trying to acquire one. Would you consider this cap worth your money or are there better ones at a more reasonable price out there? The

Quote by DougB View Post
    Bob is right on both counts; don't collect for investment purposes and the lack of gratitude that purveys today's world is truly astounding at times.
    Well said. I collect for the joy of the past and to understand its mysteries and riddles. Some of us have made the truth about these things appear far too cheap, a hateful aspect of the digital age, where the real cost and sacrifice associated with real knowledge, that is, the most profound treasure, is discounted by others. My collection has been a good investment, more or less, but that was never my goal, nor has it been Bob's to the extent that I know him. Rather, the material was always too expensive, too conflicted, and always a source of frustration. When I started to collect in the 1960s, this stuff was so much junk, a curiosity.
    Our site has added value to these items in a way that the absence of "thank you" and the churlish and thuggish behavior of the cyber juvenile delinquent only harms. Pfui.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A good investment?
    P
    Many

A good investment?Here is a very early cap on the Shea site that I think has much merit. Bob and others can tell us more about it. I am very partial to such early caps, i.e. of the era 1933-1934 in the SS.

A good investment?A good investment?A good investment?Here are some others I noticed, one of which was my property until I traded it to my friend Bob Coleman. That is, the kepi NSDAP cap.

"Manners maketh man" - William of Wykeham (1324-1404)
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    "Manners maketh man" - William of Wykeham (1324-1404)
    Bravo. Well said.

I actually like the political visors. One of the first visors in my collection was an "Orts" level political visor and is still one of my favorite pieces. Hopefully all the help on this forum has helped him. I know it's helped me! Best Regards....

A good investment?Please note: "Orts" is not a real German word. It is either Ort, or properly, Ortsgruppe. I realize this comment may strike some as arch, but "Orts" also sounds like "Abort" which is another word for the $hitter......

The NSDAP was organized in a hierarchy, the proper terms of which are useful for the head gear collector.

Default Sorry about that

Sorry about the "Orts" description. I guess I got it from a book I just received. It's called the Uniforms of the NSDAP by Jeff Clark. Very interesting book. He labeled the visors as such in this book. Again Thanks for the correctionA good investment?A good investment?A good investment?

Thank you. I might make three points: a.) I am a dreary scold; b.) the term "Orts" is Pfutsch, but Jeff Clark is a fine man, who, in this case, c.) is more a victim of a publisher that, in normal circumstances, would copy edit a text. Not all things in books are correct.
    Such editing does not appear to happen at said publishers, which is my major beef with said entity. I bought a very nice uniform from Jeff Clark, and I esteem him greatly. There is, however, in U.S. collector argot, or inside talk, or baby talk, too many odd and unhistorical terms which I endeavor to eradicate in my small way. Merry Christmas and happy hats.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3