Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A good investment?

Article about: I know NSDAP political caps are not that rare but i am trying to acquire one. Would you consider this cap worth your money or are there better ones at a more reasonable price out there? The

?

Default A good investment?

I know NSDAP political caps are not that rare but i am trying to acquire one. Would you consider this cap worth your money or are there better ones at a more reasonable price out there?

The Collector's Guild

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A good investment?
    P
    Many

A very nice example that would be difficult to upgrade. It is a bit pricey but so is much on the site as it is consignment material. You pay for the owner's expertise. Never look at these things as an investment as the price of collectables can go up and it also can go down. Buy for the enjoyment of the item and not for monetary gain as that will not always be the case.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I echo Bob's sentiments. That is a really nice one, and in this condition they are hard to find. ALso, it is by Pekuro, which is one of the more prominent makers of hats during the TR, and they always have an aesthetically-pleasing shape.
    I would say go for it.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thanks for the reply, now i am really tempted. I always loved these type of caps and i have been looking for an authentic example for some time, and this one is excacly my size

?

I'm not sure that I like the chin cords on that example.

?

Here is another example that is supposedly authentic. This one obviously has a different shape then the other one, is that the result of bad faking or the Template being redesigned at some period in the Third-Reich?

http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga...isor-cap-named

The cap is authentic. Shape can vary somewhat from manufacturer to manufacturer. The adler on this piece has lost it's finish and the sold price is close to the other piece, which is in better condition in my opinion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The cap is authentic. Shape can vary somewhat from manufacturer to manufacturer. The adler on this piece has lost it's finish and the sold price is close to the other piece, which is in better condition in my opinion.

That makes sense, but does the the chin cord stand any major chance of being fake or did they come in colour vareties back then?

?

That price in the first post seems pretty good to me for that condition!... If you read "Uniforms of the NSDAP" you will see much of what Mr. Coleman has now or did have. There are MANY reference pictures with credit to Bob.... He knows these hats!....

If you like it and can afford it then buy it..............

The great advantage with this cap is that the collectors guild is a premium site but has nice examples and two major collectors here have agreed on the authenticity of the piece, that's free advice worth it's weight in gold IMO.

Plus its a very nice cap, hard to upgrade, good luck with the decision

cheers

Tony

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast