Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia

Article about: Another observation. Black caps of the pre-war years always seemed to have been issued with Deschler TK's and most often of the cupal variety. Rarely do you see them with any other maker of

?

Default Re: Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia

Very educational and interesting thread.

Regards, Patrick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia
    P
    Many

Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia
    Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Very educational and interesting thread.

Regards, Patrick
    Such knowledge was no where to be found in any place save in the minds of old Nazis mouldering in their Stammtisch corners when I was your age, young man.

Now through the miracles of human genius such knowledge is the property of the world!

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia

Such knowledge was no where to be found in any place save in the minds of old Nazis mouldering in their Stammtisch corners when I was your age, young man.

Now through the miracles of human genius such knowledge is the property of the world!
    I am very lucky, to be able to learn about these foetid woolens with the click of a button. And am extreemly lucky to find this forum. With greet collectors and enthusiasts like your self. I have been learning and collecting foetid woolens for six months! I am less than a beginner. So threads like these, to be honest, I cant make heads nor tales of everything being said. Hopefully one day I could contribute better posts to threads like these. And I also hope one day to have an SS cap to share, perhaps one day.

Cheers, Pat

Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaThe past is a riddle in an enigma and I would not have it any other way. All the same, young Patrick is no beginner and has the makings of leadership when I am long gone, which is likely quite soon.
    In the meantime, the riddles in enigmas of foetid woolens confound weak minds, empty over strained bank accounts, and further give rise to dismay and anguish in a world gone mad.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-11-2012 at 08:57 PM.

?

Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaThe past is a riddle in an enigma and I would not have it any other way. All the same, young Patrick is no beginner and has the makings of leadership when I am long gone, which is likely quite soon.
    In the meantime, the riddles in enigmas of foetid woolens confound weak minds, empty over strained bank accounts, and further give rise of dismay and anguish in a world gone mad.
    I agree, I enjoy the riddles, even though I cant always figure them out. Thank you, but I still think I am a beginner. Although, I know alot more about bits of leather, wool and foetid woolens than I ever could imagine six months ago. So I am happy and hope to amaze myself in anouther six months time.

"In the meantime, the riddles in enigmas of foetid woolens confound weak minds, empty over strained bank accounts, and further give rise of dismay and anguish in a world gone mad."

How true. I keep thinking of the man on WAF who bought a fake SS cap for $1000. How silly.

Cheers, Pat

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    I agree, I enjoy the riddles, even though I cant always figure them out. Thank you, but I still think I am a beginner. Although, I know alot more about bits of leather, wool and foetid woolens than I ever could imagine six months ago. So I am happy and hope to amaze myself in anouther six months time.

"In the meantime, the riddles in enigmas of foetid woolens confound weak minds, empty over strained bank accounts, and further give rise of dismay and anguish in a world gone mad."

How true. I keep thinking of the man on WAF who bought a fake SS cap for $1000. How silly.

Cheers, Pat
    Six months is hardly a long time in the greater scheme of things. The person who wasted a thousand dollars on junk is either at the end of his collecting life or has made a down payment on knowledge. The latter is only had with great sacrifice and patience.

The figuring out of the riddles in enigmas has taken me decades....

To be sure, the technical means today enable a younger, impatient set to sweep aside the obstacles that cluttered my path, but things of merit require patience.

Today the insecurities and the appearance of phenomenal change mask the reality that patience in these things remains essential.

Nor can people with large bank accounts merely buy a fine collection without their own sacrifice and knowledge gained in small steps over years.

To think otherwise is to trap one's self in an expensive fantasy.

Did not Moltke the Elder say it best? "Genie ist Fleiss!"

?

Six months is hardly a long time in the greater scheme of things. The person who wasted a thousand dollars on junk is either at the end of his collecting life or has made a down payment on knowledge. The latter is only had with great sacrifice and patience.

The figuring out of the riddles in enigmas has taken me decades....

To be sure, the technical means today enable a younger, impatient set to sweep aside the obstacles that cluttered my path, but things of merit require patience.

Today the insecurities and the appearance of phenomenal change mask the reality that patience in these things remains essential.

Nor can people with large bank accounts merely buy a fine collection without their own sacrifice and knowledge gained in small steps over years.

To think otherwise is to trap one's self in an expensive fantasy.

Did not Moltke the Elder say it best? "Genie ist Fleiss!"
    Six months is no time at all in the greater scheme of things. It take years and years to build a proper collection. I try my best, and devotion will get me there. I hope.
    Well, I dont have pity for him. Long gone are the days where you find a cap like that for a thousand dollars. And such a crude example aswell.

Moltke the Elder did say it Best.

Cheers, Pat

Grey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in AsiaA great collection is an attempt to forestall doom. The effort is always damned to failure.

F-B,Those two auction pages you posted on the left top of the part of your incredible collection,could you let me know where they are from?I seemed to remember it from the past.Keep on posting those pieces as one picture is worth a thousand words sure fits these great specimens.Carl

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    F-B,Those two auction pages you posted on the left top of the part of your incredible collection,could you let me know where they are from?I seemed to remember it from the past.Keep on posting those pieces as one picture is worth a thousand words sure fits these great specimens.Carl
    Thank you. The images are from Manion's catalog from an auction in November, 1978. The cover page has personal information on it I do not want in the internet, but the catalog is from that distant year that the two of us might share. I will post the cover page of an old Manion's catalog as orientation.
    My best to you, FBGrey SS Cap for SS Gentleman in Asia

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast