Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Grote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra Muetze

Article about: Thanks to Mr. Mint for his tireless research. I now know the maker of this very nice cap in my collection. Grote, Hannover, Wertarbeit.

Grote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeEarlier tag refers to a Presidential decree from v. Hindenburg, ca. March 1933, i.e. with the establishment of the dictatorship in Germany in the wake of the Reichstag fire and such, the so called Gleischschaltung.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-18-2015 at 05:29 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra Muetze
    P
    Many

One day I should make a chronology of things one must know to collect such caps. The experts here can add and subtract from same....

None of this is very obvious to the beginner, and only Wim's book has such a chronology at all, versus the others, which are pretty deficient.

I.e. first there was a kepi; then there was an army style peaked cap; its top grew, and grew; and it became grey, and the badges were first thus, and then.....the dead head got a jaw.....

There is more to the story.

Grote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra Muetzeanother cap, maker unknown, without RZM tag, either "Sondertyp: Elegant"

The Totenschaedel has a flaw in it, but it is quite real. This cap is part of a complete SD uniform.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Grote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra Muetzeanother cap, maker unknown, without RZM tag, either "Sondertyp: Elegant"
    F-B, that one is another mystery maker that I have been trying to figure out for a long time.
    Hopefully, the logo will turn up on an NSDAP visor with an RZM tag, and we will finally have our answer....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks for the above and thanks for finding the Grote, Hannover data. This "Elegant" cap is beautifully made, and is of better quality than the average black SS officer's cap with the black interior and RZM tag as often found.
    The lacquering of the peak is also extraordinary. The flaw on the cheek of the Totenschaedel stands out far more in the image than in real life.
    I should show the whole uniform. It was made by a Frankfurt/M. uniform tailor.

as a measure of how daft I have surely become, Mr. Mint revealed this fact to me a couple of years ago, and only now does the fact sink in....

a sign that the shadows are lengthening for this victim of mad hatting, that's for sure.

Thanks, and embarrassing proof for me, at least, that you have to tell me several times before I understand.

G Feine Wertarbeit

Grote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeLimmerstrasse, Hannover-Linden....maybe the women in the picture made the cap? Although this is a picture well prior to 1934.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-18-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Grote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra MuetzeGrote, Hannover, schwarze SS Extra Muetzemaybe a Dochbodenfundus awaits the enterprising Muetzen-o-naut.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast