Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.

Article about: The show must go on. I need to stay in stonemint's good graces if I am to expect continued expertise from him. I purchased this one with the seller claiming the piping is Bordeauxrot for Neb

TWS
    ?

Default GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.

The show must go on. I need to stay in stonemint's good graces if I am to expect continued expertise from him.

I purchased this one a few years ago with the seller claiming the piping is Bordeauxrot for Nebeltruppen. When it arrived and I beheld it in person, I thought of it as more of a Karmesinrot (albeit on the dark side) for General Staff or Veterinary. I pulled out my Veterinary and Nebel caps and it seems closer to the Veterinary. Maybe I'm just color blind. What say the esteemed members of our forum?

GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Oh hell, looking at my own photos it appears a lot more Bordeauxrot on my monitor. Anyway, I'm still open to input.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Here's an old photo of all three caps together. The subject of this thread is on top. The Veterinary is lower right and the Nebel is lower left.
    Also a photo of my Nebel (Bordeauxrot) cap with my Nebeltruppen Leutnant tunic.
    GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.GS or Nebel... it's a cap anyway.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

To my eyes it looks much closer in colour to the Veterinary cap.

T--close call, but I lean Genl Staff.
    Beautiful cap irregardless....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I know your pain. Recall the struggle I had with the infamous collar tabs. In all reality, I would bet they were used interchangeably on occasion, since the colors are so very close. Only some examples of either seem very cut and dry as to what they are.
    I would say veterinary myself though.

I just love it... a Vets cap with two stick grenades, surely not tools of the trade for putting horses out of their misery?

MAP
    ?

Looks like a Vet to me.

P.S. My son wants to be a Vet...so he accepts gifts at Christmas time. He would really appreciate it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I know your pain. Recall the struggle I had with the infamous collar tabs. In all reality, I would bet they were used interchangeably on occasion, since the colors are so very close. Only some examples of either seem very cut and dry as to what they are.
    I would say veterinary myself though.
    Thanks Al. You know the crazy thing? When I look at it on the monitor of my work desktop it looks Karmesinrot. When I look at the same photos on my laptop, it looks more Bordeauxrot.

And... when I look at in person... drum roll... it looks more Karmesinrot. But it was sold to me as "Nebeltruppen" (Bordeaux).
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    T--close call, but I lean Genl Staff.
    Beautiful cap irregardless....
    Thank-you sir. I'm going to agree and go General Staff. Because I already have a Veterinary and a Nebel. If we call it General Staff then I have a trifecta.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast