Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hat identification... help please?

Article about: You guys are so gracious... I thought I'd ask for help with identification, please...? None of them are in very good shape. The green hat has a newspaper photo of a beautiful woman from 1938

Default Hat identification... help please?

You guys are so gracious... I thought I'd ask for help with identification, please...?

None of them are in very good shape. The green hat has a newspaper photo of a beautiful woman from 1938. I've wondered if they owner and the girl were sweethearts? Even if they weren't it's fun to think about.

Thanks all!

Hat identification... help please?Hat identification... help please?Hat identification... help please?Hat identification... help please?Hat identification... help please?Hat identification... help please?Hat identification... help please?Hat identification... help please?Hat identification... help please?Hat identification... help please?Hat identification... help please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hat identification... help please?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hat identification... help please?

The first is Army (Heer) for cavalry, 2nd appears to be Airforce (Luftwaffe) for Flak/artillery but looks a bit odd where the eagle would have gone, the third is for a Veterans organisation.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you, Jerry...

Any way to tell which Veteran's Organization? Should I try to replace the eagle?

?

I agree with Jerry's identifications. The veterans hat is for the Kyffhauserbund, the label in the cap says that anyhow!

Obviously the Luftwaffe cap has been lunch for a moth or two so it might be worth taking steps to make sure there is no more life within the material. You could gently try and stretch it back into shape a bit at a time if you have the means to do so. Replacement eagles can be found easily and it would be worth trying to find one that matches the condition of the cockades and restore the caps back to as they once were.
    If you do that, make sure you use the original pin holes that the insignia was attached by, don't make new ones if you can help it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....