Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Hats with no insignia at all

Article about: What are these two guys all about?

Default Re: Hats with no insignia at all

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    It is becoming an interest of mine as well, I just obtained a copy of this book that you recommended to me in a previous post. Now to find time to read it among reading my other 14 college books and keeping up with this site ...
    Thank you gents for the information and photos I find this quite intriguing.
    Bravo. I can only recommend it with enthusiasm to you. Happy reading.
    Many Americans are drawn to Prague for good reason of the beer and the attractive women and such, but there is much, much more there.
    And I have not even started in on Wallenstein, have I?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hats with no insignia at all
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

Bravo. I can only recommend it with enthusiasm to you. Happy reading.
    Many Americans are drawn to Prague for good reason of the beer and the attractive women and such, but there is much, much more there.
    And I have not even started in on Wallenstein, have I?
    Well I do not think that I will see either of the two since I will not be able to travel to Europe for a while (if ever) but my first trip I would enjoy going to Germany, Austria, and maybe then Prague if I can even afford the first two...

I must admit I am uneducated about Wallenstein, besides he was involved with the HRE in the thirty years war if I remember correctly.
    My recent attempt at finding traces of my ancestry in Austria have lead me to read more about the Hapsburg's, and sparked interests similar to yours I believe.
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge it is my favorite thing to collect, besides old militaria.

Hats with no insignia at allBravo. Very good fortune do I wish you in your studies and your discovery of the past. Glad we are that more and more persons here embrace such an agenda, though we still have some dead-end-ers and troglodytes who are inclined to book burning and tantrums when a large word gets typed in these spaces or one of us mentions a book or even two books.

This is the main text for my TR class I enjoy its subjectivity but it is a little old. It is one of my more interesting classes, but it is limited since my fellow students lack interest in the subject making the Professor cover elementary material... There are six other texts in the class, but they contain miniscule, if any information obtaining to Sudetenland or Ostmark.
    Last edited by AmericanKraut; 02-15-2013 at 07:36 AM.

If you read German, I can suggest many nice books to read. Also in English, as well. Berghan's book is a text book, of course, and fine as far as it goes.
    You need specialized literature, which exists in shelf fulls and shelf fulls.

?

The NAC is a treasure trove of imagery!

I especially liked these ones..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hats with no insignia at all   Hats with no insignia at all  

Hats with no insignia at all   Hats with no insignia at all  

This is from the digital treasures of the Polish National Archives. I included the link in another thread.

Hats with no insignia at allHere is a good, readable history of modern Austria. Its author: Steven Beller

Hats with no insignia at allOne will also know that for many of us, NAC as an abbreviation is NATO's North Atlantic Council as much as it is a Polish archives. Notice a much younger Rumsfeld and Chairman of JCS looking intently.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Hats with no insignia at allHere is a good, readable history of modern Austria. Its author: Steven Beller
    Thank you fellow collegues, and as for German texts I do not currently know it well enough to read it. Within the next two years I hope to become at least partially fluent in it...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4