Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Headgear of Hitler`s Germany, vol. 3

Article about: here is a great reference book (that i should have gotten a lot earlier) that i assume many on this forum has had for years, and i am VERY pleased with it!! Next on my list is vol. 5. Stig

Default Headgear of Hitler`s Germany, vol. 3

here is a great reference book (that i should have gotten a lot earlier) that i assume many on this forum has had for years, and i am VERY pleased with it!!
    Next on my list is vol. 5.
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Headgear of Hitler`s Germany, vol. 3   Headgear of Hitler`s Germany, vol. 3  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Headgear of Hitler`s Germany, vol. 3
    P
    Many

some pics from the inside would be good, to share with the un-initiated..

i am not sure if that is appropriate due to copyrights?!!
    all the best,
    Stig

Quote by bittaker View Post
    i am not sure if that is appropriate due to copyrights?!!
    It isn't.

However, Wim is active here and has repeatedly posted pages or individual photos from his books, (of course, as the author he is entitled to do so) which should suffice to give one an idea of his work.

Anyway, these are must-have standard references for anybody with a serious interest in Third Reich uniformology (even for those without a focus on headgear).

I have all books from the series and can only recommend them.

As all the books show: there is a copyright (see inner page).
    But many don't give a sh*t about that an scan or copy
    whatever they think they need or can show around, not
    even asking permisison
    for that!

We have recommended Wim's book more or less on a daily basis. Any serious collector cannot function without it. This volume, in particular, contains such a wealth
    of information. I am able to examine many of the sources that Wim has used, and since I am a professional historian, may I say that his work is exceptional, remarkable,
    and the book bears re-reading. I know of no other book remotely like it, but am aware of many that imitate it, and do so poorly.
    We all thank Wim for his role with us, and he has greatly enriched our site.

The challenge today with Wim's approach to knowledge (one I manifestly share, by the way, but my books are not as interesting as his..) is that too many amateurs discount the linearity of conventional scholarship, and somehow expect to be spoon fed by us whatever loopy question occurs to them, especially without understanding the chronology, cause and effect and judgement central to an historical question.
    Wim does a wonderful job in his books of explaining the origins and development of these piece of headwear and their organizational context without which the study
    of these things makes no sense whatsoever. Other works focus on an item in a prestige collection, present it out of context, and proffer inadequate research to make full sense of the items. These works are also full, and I mean full, of mistakes. That is not true of Wim's work at all.

I hope we have sold many books for him that B-----r would not have otherwise reached via conventional means.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-22-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Buy these books.............if you like hats and want to know what's what, need both concise and uber detail about every type and piece of headgear..............then these are for you. Thanks Mr Saris.

cheers

Tony

Buy Tony's book, too, of course, which I callously failed to mention. He has also written an excellent and pleasing book!

?

This edition has very in depth information concerning the RAD above and beyond just headgear.. Here is a signed copy I keep for non-use, my second copy is for hands on use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Headgear of Hitler`s Germany, vol. 3   Headgear of Hitler`s Germany, vol. 3  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

You dont have to be a collector to have these exhaustive references in your library.

Not only will you get insight on the many caps worn during this period..but a lesson in history of the most obscure organizations within that are barely mentioned in other reference type books.

So much Info is jammed within a few pages....I find it overwhelming at times. I have received such a great history lesson of these organizations and the other details encompassing the uniforms and accoutrements of these wearers.

I have all 5 volumes ..and there is something for everyone in these references other than caps. Well done Wim Saris..Im glad I went over and beyond to add these to my library. Im a dagger guy..and I have seen many rare photos of carry and rare fittings. For the medal and uniform collector..this is a bonanza.

The History is all there. Thanks again Wim

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast