Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Headgear from Tirpitz

Article about: Headgear from Tirpitz. This was found on the wreck of the Tirpitz a year ago.

?

Default Headgear from Tirpitz

Headgear from Tirpitz. This was found on the wreck of the Tirpitz a year ago.
    Headgear from TirpitzHeadgear from TirpitzHeadgear from Tirpitz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Headgear from Tirpitz
    P
    Many

Default Re: Headgear from Tirpitz

A year ago? Are you sure?

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hmmmm, in that case; remarkably well preserved.

........ohhh, and what Ned said!

?

This was found in a depth charged Type VII a few years ago

Actually, it wasnt. Its a 'repro.'

See what I did there

The cap is the normal "Donald Duck" style cap, do you have any proof it is actually from the Tirpitz. Remember believe the item not the story.
    Morris

Quote by big ned View Post
    A year ago? Are you sure?

Ned.
    You would be amazed at condition of things being found on the Tirpitz wreck. It's incredible, oil, grease, mud and other crap keeps the things preserved . I think I've seen this one before, the insignia etc is not original to the cap, am I right?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

'I want to believe'

?

I doubt very much whether this was found on the Tirpitz, apart from the fact that its in very good condition, the insignia would suffer by deterioration , the natural sea life ie worms, crustaceans,sea lice, etc would reduce this cap to tatters, not only that but i believe the ship was broken up by a joint German/Norwegian salvage team between 1948-1957, so how could it have been brought up from the "Wreck"

Just checked, and it's the same cap that I saw before(Samlerforumet's facebook group in case you are wondering kurto). The insignia and band is not original to the cap, but the cap itself is original from the Tirpitz. It is correct that the Tirpitz was chopped up after the war, but most of the equipment was just dumped into the sea where it lays in oil, mud, grease and other things which keeps the items preserved and when cleaned up, some items looks just like new. I've seen plenty of examples on the Norwegian forum, uniforms and medals and equipment in extremely good condition, it's incredible, but true, have a look at this thread: Some schwering hsf from tirpitz opinions please - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

A brass badge, Maybe...but a cloth cap being in sea water for nearly 70 years? Sorry...I simply do not believe the story.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast