Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer 2nd Pattern Pith Helmet

Article about: Gent, Happy to report that I have just acquired my 1st German Pith Helmet. I've always wanted but never made the consciencous decison to go for it. (I must give out a big thank you to my goo

Default Heer 2nd Pattern Pith Helmet

Gent,

Happy to report that I have just acquired my 1st German Pith Helmet. I've always wanted but never made the consciencous decison to go for it. (I must give out a big thank you to my good friend who made it happen!)
    It is a superb example of a 2nd Pattern that was used during the tail end of the Campaigns across Africa and then into the Italian and Greek theaters.

Regards,

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 2nd Pattern Pith Helmet   Heer 2nd Pattern Pith Helmet  

Heer 2nd Pattern Pith Helmet   Heer 2nd Pattern Pith Helmet  

Heer 2nd Pattern Pith Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer 2nd Pattern Pith Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer 2nd Pattern Pith Helmet

Very nice example Joel!

My wife keeps telling me I should accquire one of these for my collection too.

Cheers, Ade.

Johnnie
    ?

Indeed a superb example! I need to get around to seriously searching for one too. Thanks for sharing!

Johnnie

Gentlemen,
    Thank you for your kind words. I was telling my friends in another Forum that I am elated that one finally presented itself especially after seeing so many over the years and not buying one. I'm happy that I have one more item that I can check off of my "must have" list.

Thanks again!

Joel

david83
    ?

africa corps cap nice you dont see that verry much not in this good condition

David, Thank you as well.* Yes indeed, I was quite lucky to obtain this one in such great condition. Regards,Joel

rob1
    ?

Hello, seeing the Pith helmet brings back happy and sad memories. I was bought one for Christmas by my parents in around 1967 when I was 8 years old. I had been fascinated by all things German Military since being a very young child. I had always wanted a steel helmet but even then my parents could not afford to buy one, they could just about run to a Pith helmet. So there are the happy memories. The sad memories are that it ended up being thrown out due to lack of care from 8 and 9 year old kids playing with it. It was a beautiful example (when I first got it) exactly the same as the photos shown. I've regretted it ever since, especially when I see one on the internet which someone has aquired.
    I remember at the age of around 11, being taken to a Militaria fair by my parents and seeing ground dug german helmets being sold for £3 and pristine Fallschirmjager helmets being sold for £45. My parents wouldn't spend £3 on a rusty piece of steel, so I settled for a box of plastic german infantry. To satisfy the young child in me, I finally bought myself an SS steel helmet from Southern Normandy around 6 years ago. My wife insisted I bought it, almost in memory of the child who used to have dreams about owning one for so many years. Rob1 (joined forum 25-07-08)

Hey Rob

Welcome to the forum. Don't regret things like that, if we would have all the answers from the start, what would be the point of living our lives then?

Besides, if your'e quick you may catch one on Detlev's update today...

Greetz

Nick VR

?

Nice textbook example, it looks great

Cheers
    Lars

gar
    ?

very nice helmet good find

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast