MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Artillery Officer Schirmmütze

Article about: Please, I need some opinions about this Artillery Officer Visor Cap, and a notion about it's value: Regards, Ricardo

R.R
    ?

Default Heer Artillery Officer Schirmmütze

Please,

I need some opinions about this Artillery Officer Visor Cap, and a notion about it's value:

Regards,

Ricardo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Artillery Officer Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Heer Artillery Officer Schirmmütze

Looks like it could be good as to value I am not sure

Hi Ricardo

I have some concerns....any chance of a couple of closer photos on the lining and under the sweatband. I know it pretty fragile so don't worry about the photos if you don't want to disturb it.

Is it your visor or one you are thinking of getting ?

cheers

tony

R.R
    ?

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi Ricardo

I have some concerns....any chance of a couple of closer photos on the lining and under the sweatband. I know it pretty fragile so don't worry about the photos if you don't want to disturb it.

Is it your visor or one you are thinking of getting ?

cheers

tony
    Hi Tony,

It's don't belongs to me, it's part of this group bellow I'm checking before initiate negotiations with the seller.

Heer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer SchirmmützeHeer Artillery Officer Schirmmütze

If something looks suspect, please, let me know. I'm not all confident in this group.

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo

Thanks for letting me know you are thinking about it. I understand your concerns. from the cap front I have doubts because:

The cap is in excellent condition but the sweatband is breaking up ? why ? also the wreath is larger than the cap band ? I usually take this as a warning the cap band should be 4.5cm in width and hence wider than the wreath, in this pic it appears nor to be the case.

Inside the cap the celluloid looks plastic, this may be the photo though, also got a size ticket under it ? unusual for TR officers cap. The lining also looks shiny and more modern appearance found in post war caps hence the question of more pics.

Not sure about the crown material either otherwise it's fine !

So not for me based on that analysisand I would want a hands on before I bought it but I would wait for more opinions as ever don't just go with what I think. Won't comment on the uniforms but i guess you have your doubts....

Hope that helps

cheers

tony

R.R
    ?

Hi Ricardo

Thanks for letting me know you are thinking about it. I understand your concerns. from the cap front I have doubts because:

The cap is in excellent condition but the sweatband is breaking up ? why ? also the wreath is larger than the cap band ? I usually take this as a warning the cap band should be 4.5cm in width and hence wider than the wreath, in this pic it appears nor to be the case.

Inside the cap the celluloid looks plastic, this may be the photo though, also got a size ticket under it ? unusual for TR officers cap. The lining also looks shiny and more modern appearance found in post war caps hence the question of more pics.

Not sure about the crown material either otherwise it's fine !

So not for me based on that analysisand I would want a hands on before I bought it but I would wait for more opinions as ever don't just go with what I think. Won't comment on the uniforms but i guess you have your doubts....

Hope that helps

cheers

tony
    Hi again Tony,

I think you had answered my question. Something in this group remember me a 60's or 70's war movie and I'm only checking if there is profitable pieces here. The most interesting piece for me was this visor cap, but if it is questionable I have no interest in it.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

hi

that's uncanny cause I had ww2 movies in mind when I saw the pics of the group....just didn't write it !

cheers

tony

R.R
    ?

hi

that's uncanny cause I had ww2 movies in mind when I saw the pics of the group....just didn't write it !

cheers

tony

Seller told me something about he had purchased this group from a AAG International action in mid 90's. Seems to me they had sold some old movies uniforms at this time.

Regards,

Ricardo

This kind of paper sweat band is very fragile and is easily wrecked by decades of collectors ravaging such caps in search of the magic that is always beneath the sweat band.
    The tunic and overcoat look perfectly real to me, and of much higher quality than a prop from a film. The Schulterstuecke are not attached properly.

the uniforms lokk ok to me as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast