Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer artillery Schiffchen insignia

Article about: Hi folks, This cap is also posted in the sub-set authentication. I thought it might be of interest here as well with a focus on insignia. I am not happy with the quality of my camera so I ma

Default Heer artillery Schiffchen insignia

Hi folks, This cap is also posted in the sub-set authentication. I thought it might be of interest here as well with a focus on insignia. I am not happy with the quality of my camera so I made two scans of the insignia. Feedback welcome with thanks in advance. NH

Heer artillery Schiffchen insigniaHeer artillery Schiffchen insigniaHeer artillery Schiffchen insignia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer artillery Schiffchen insignia
    P
    Many

Hi Neil

I have added my thoughts on the other post. With these better pics I would still urge caution although I think the side cap material may well be good.

Lets see what the others wade in with. The waffenfabre concerns I had have now gone with these better pics btw.

cheers

Tony

Tony, Thanks for your post. I am waiting for other opinions as suggested. The dealer offers a COA for every item as being from 1945 or earlier and a return policy. I'm sure many of us are familiar with this dealer. I have seen this style cap with officer grade caps in the Heer but not NCO/Mannschaften. Also, it appears this style of cap was used in the Waffen SS, Kriegsmarine and Polizei forces. I defer to someone with more knowledge regarding the use of this model in the Heer. The material and insignia appear original to me but if this is a put together piece I will consider a return. NH

Hi Neil, I added a reply in the other thread. The parts are good, but I say it is a KM cap, restored incorrectly. I would send it back.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade et al, Thanks for your kind feedback. Your observations match my own. Good parts - incorrect restoration. I paid a good figure for this cap and will seek a return. It is really important to have something in hand to correctly asses it. I will be back in the market for a decent Heer artillery cap! NH