Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Heer cap eagle

Article about: hey guys, i dont know very much about these things but i found one for 40 dollars USD. is it authentic? if its fake, what are the giveaways? if its authentic, is it worth 40 dollars? and als

Default Re: Heer cap eagle

missing one pin,one pin nearly broke in half,,and the other pin looks like it is ready to fall out,,not much of a bargain in my opinion,,,and Steve,,,i know of a competent person that can do just about anything,he is a true craftsman and knows exactly how to repair almost anything,,i have seen his work,and it will be hardly noticeable,,,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    missing one pin,one pin nearly broke in half,,and the other pin looks like it is ready to fall out,,not much of a bargain in my opinion,,,and Steve,,,i know of a competent person that can do just about anything,he is a true craftsman and knows exactly how to repair almost anything,,i have seen his work,and it will be hardly noticeable,,,
    That is neat, you know someone that is competent. Who is it?
    Among many of the talents that I am very good at I am a silver smith. I personaly wouldnt mess with a broken piece of aluminium junk. If I did the very least I would charge would be $50.00 to even mess with it. The vast majority of the jewelers wouldn't even bother. And still in the end it would only be a repaired piece. The one shown in the earlier post with 1 and a half pins certainly is not the only one available on the military market.
    I would always advise a neophite collector to invest in original complete items. Do not let the desire to own world war II items over ride good sense. Good items will come along.
    Steve

hi Steve,,the man lives locally and has great talent and the desire to make things correct,,,he almost never charges for his services,and does things for the sake of doing them,,he is of course, a re-inactor,retired electrical communications engineer that used to work for Motorola Co.,,,,,many years ago he made a M-43 cap and used original material(spare),etc,,,he always finishes off his work with a "personalized stitch" so that if anyone tries to pass off his work as an original piece,,all he has to do is show them his "signature",,,this actually happened as the cap he sold to a dealer was found on his table as "original Third Reich production",,,the dealer was speechless when he was told it wasn't and shown the hidden stitch that is my friends trademark work,so to speak,,,he rebuilds/builds motorcycles with sidecars for others and for himself,,,he is extremely talented and....single....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12