Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer cap eagle

Article about: hey guys, i dont know very much about these things but i found one for 40 dollars USD. is it authentic? if its fake, what are the giveaways? if its authentic, is it worth 40 dollars? and als

Default Heer cap eagle

hey guys, i dont know very much about these things but i found one for 40 dollars USD. is it authentic? if its fake, what are the giveaways? if its authentic, is it worth 40 dollars? and also, exactly what kind of cap would this go on?

the guy said that its embossed C.T.D. 38 on the back. what do you all think?
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer cap eagle  Heer cap eagle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer cap eagle
    P
    Many

Default Re: cap eagle

hi,,,you have a authentic officers/NCO visor hat eagle,missing the attachment pins,,marked c.t.d. for Christian Theodore Dicke,who made insignia,38 is the year it was made,,generally speaking,the best way to tell fake insignia is the lack of detail,mis-formed areas,and the back is usually a dead giveaway,,,you have a nice example in hand,study it and use this knowledge to judge others that you will run across,,,yours is made of aluminum,but some of the earlier ones will be made of silver-plated brass,,,

thanks, that helps me out a lot : )

is it well worth the 40 dollars he wants? i havent bought it yet haha i noticed that i left that detail out accidently.

if you are willing to pay 40. for it,then it is worth it if it makes you happy,,,

Default Re: Heer cap eagle

Ob, with out the holding pins it's only worth about half the value. Maybe $25. Here's the type of cap it would go on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer cap eagle  

Agreed, not worth $40 with no pins. Yet another for your reference.............. !

Regards, Steve.

?

I wouldn't want it. A cap eagle without prongs is like a car without an engine. No value at all. Save your money for things that are complete. You will find them.
    Steve

i must disagree,,,it has valueerhaps not as much with pins,but pins can be replaced by a competent person,,,,

?

Never pay for a repaired item until it has been repaired. The value is in a complete piece.
    And where is this competent person that can solder aluminium without burning it up? The average jeweler wouldn't touch it. The average welder does not have a clue as to how to work with thin aluminium. You would spend more effort trying to find a compentent person to fix it than it would ever be worth.
    $40.00 is as much as this piece could be worth if it were mint. Many reputable dealers have good ones for less. Only a fool would purchase a broken item for a mint price. At best it will always be a repaired item.
    Steve

Here you go, this ones selling for $30.!
    Lakesidetrader German Headgear & Military Collectable Site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast