Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Einheitsfeldmmutze M43 field cap - any chance?

Article about: I let this one pass because I wasn't comfortable with it. Too much fuzz and not enough sweat stains or age to it for me - yet the sewn on label ( that seemed to make it alright ) was worn...

Default Heer Einheitsfeldmmutze M43 field cap - any chance?

I let this one pass because I wasn't comfortable with it.

Too much fuzz and not enough sweat stains or age to it for me - yet the sewn on label ( that seemed to make it alright ) was worn......odd.

I bailed out and it was grabbed by another - did I do the right thing?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Einheitsfeldmmutze M43 field cap - any chance?   Heer Einheitsfeldmmutze M43 field cap - any chance?  

Heer Einheitsfeldmmutze M43 field cap - any chance?   Heer Einheitsfeldmmutze M43 field cap - any chance?  

Heer Einheitsfeldmmutze M43 field cap - any chance?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Einheitsfeldmmutze M43 field cap - any chance?
    P
    Many

Hi,

I would say you did the right thing............ if it niggles you before ya buy it them my rule is walk away. A better one will come along soon enough.

cheers

Tony

?

Niggles sometime can be the best catch if one knows what their after!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I never saw such thing :

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello,
    You did the right thing, it is a reproduction cap
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thankyou all........

Hi Dan, I have waited 40 years to buy one of these. Despite the huge numbers produced, they are hard to find.

Now this year, I have bought two! I am hoping to photograph them in detail today and post them on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dan, I have waited 40 years to buy one of these. Despite the huge numbers produced, they are hard to find.

Now this year, I have bought two! I am hoping to photograph them in detail today and post them on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade - Yes I think it is because of the utilitarian nature of them that they were continued to be worn ( sans eagle ) by POWs after the war and after all, why throw out a practical piece of kit. That and the general condition of the vast majority of them meant that they were eventually disposed of, lice and all in the hundreds I'm sure.

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan, I would totally agree.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I recall seeing quite a few of these being worn by elderly german farmers in the early eighties. Good caps and im sure worn post war until they fell apart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast