Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze

Article about: Just landed this lovely Gebirgsjäger Officer's cloth cap today, thought I would post up a few photos for some 'show and tell'... I believe the green backed Edelweiss is for Gebirgsjäger troo

Default Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze

Just landed this lovely Gebirgsjäger Officer's cloth cap today, thought I would post up a few photos
    for some 'show and tell'...

I believe the green backed Edelweiss is for Gebirgsjäger troops with an Austrian background.

Hope the photos are OK....

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze   Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze  

Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze   Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze  

Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze
    P
    Many

The cap goes nicely with this jacket for a Leutnant of Gebirgsjäger Regiment 98.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze   Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze  

Just checked Volume 1 of the Bender book on Headgear (Halcomb/Saris), and on page 95 it states:-

" Members of Austrian-originated units as well as by members of the non-Austrian 1st Mountain Division
    wore the metal Edelweiss on a green cloth backing"

Bob

Very nice indeed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Looks great!!!

?

Can you place it on a mannequin Sir, or try to assemble it so we can see how it looks like in a full uniform photo??

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Can you place it on a mannequin Sir, or try to assemble it so we can see how it looks like in a full uniform photo??
    This is the best I can do for now, will add a belt and put it with a bit more Heer related when I re-organize a few things, but it should give a bit of an idea...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Gebirgsjäger Officer's Bergmutze  

very nice!

?

A very nice cap friend. It matches the tunic very well.

great cap & tunic Bob.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast