Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze

Article about: Just got this one the other day, sorry to bore you if you have already seen it on another forum.

Default Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze

Just got this one the other day, sorry to bore you if you have already seen it on another forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze   Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze  

Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze   Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze  

Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze   Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze  

Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Heer Gebirgsjäger Offiziere Schirmmütze

Hi Karl, you can bore me all day with stuff like this..

Cheers, Ade.

?

Very nice example !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Fantastic I need one of these! but not in such good condition to match my tunic! Thanks for the reference.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-01-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added text

Marvelous, splendid.

Thank you all for the kind comments. Another collector gave me this information about the caps history;

That nice original, beautiful cap is from the boxful of unissued ones found in Berchtesgaden around 1973 / 1974 by longtime dealer & collector Chuck Scaglione, formerly of Buffalo, NY. He had about a dozen in a box at the Girard, PA Gun show back then that he was selling for $35. each.

I have seen several unissued examples in reference books so this story makes sense to me.

Perfect , unissued caps cost such a price in the early 1970s. A more innocent and surely less jaded time. I also imagine that the caps were likely found earlier, granted that Berchtesgaden was a major recreation area of US Army, Europe and other US tourists, always on the look out for Nazi stuff.

Caps of such quality were by no means exceptionally rare forty years ago, though such an assertion might shock many readers.

Double post

Karl, I assume you still have this one? These were the peak of HPC's haberdashery.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Karl, I assume you still have this one? These were the peak of HPC's haberdashery.
    Hi Chris,

Yes I do, it's my mintiest cap in my collection. The KM. I got from you and the Luft. general are close seconds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast