Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze

Article about: Hello All, New member here, not my area of collecting but I thought this cap might be worth the time and effort of restoring. Wondered if there are members on the forum who could point me in

Default Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze

Heer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHello All,
    New member here, not my area of collecting but I thought this cap might be worth the time and effort of restoring.
    Wondered if there are members on the forum who could point me in the right direction. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks, Stephen.Heer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze
    Last edited by Dienstuhr Collector; 12-23-2012 at 09:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze

Hello, welcome to the forum. The hat is a bit worse for wear and missing some parts but certainly original. Whether you decide on having it restored depends on the cost and if it's worth it to you personally. I think I have some spare peaks here so that's not a big problem but half the sweatband is also missing which is a bigger problem.

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for the welcome, your right it is a tad worse for wear! I think it's fair to say that it has seen a fair bit of sweat and wear from the original owner, hence the condition of the band.
    I would really like to display it with some of my watches, could the band not be switched from the back to the front as the back seems in fairly good nick?
    Cheers.

?

Everything that is loose on the cap can be re-stitched along with an original replacement peak. You then need some chincords, buttons and a steam to get it back into shape. You'll then have a decent looking hat for display. PM me if you want to have this done.

Hi All, Well, I sent the cap to Ben and as you can all see he did a terrific job of restoring it. This is the first visor that I have owned and I'm really happy to be the future custodian of it.
    Cheers GB.
    Heer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers SchirmmützeHeer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze

Terrific job (as usual) by our own Ben VK!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Fantastic.

?

Outstanding!

Awesome! A gifted artisan in our midst!

?

Had to steam it quite a bit to get the shape back but it turned out pretty good. The peak was a very good match.

Glad to have saved another hat from the ravages of time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast