Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze

Article about: This SS cap in foreground has thin cords...such as it is.... - - Updated - - The thickness of said item varied in the III. Reich.

Default Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze

Army Infantry Officer Visor visor has been re attached at some point chinstrap may be a replacement. Not being much of a hat collector submit for view. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze   Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze  

Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze   Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Heer Infantry Officers Schirmmütze

Visor looks like a postwar attachment to me the stitching is very poor

?

Chincord is postwar East German NVA. Is there both upper & lower white piping to the band? Hard to tell in the photos, unless it's darkened by age, etc.

BobS

ALL original with metal chinstrap

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Visor looks like a postwar attachment to me the stitching is very poor
    It was stated in my opening thread visor has been reattached at some point who knows when. I have seen field wartime just as crude Yes bob there is piping upper and lower band. Can't be NVA as hat is collection since 1980 thanks Seb. timothy

?

Chinstrap looks similar to the NVA visors I have.

Yes Dean they do I have seen them and own one in storage, most have plastic and some have a cheap metal. It is possible same maker made them in WW2. timothy

What are the things that point to NVA on the chinstrap? This one looks OK to me given my limited knowledge on the subject, hence my question.

Hi

I don't have a concern with the originality of this one based on the pictures. Yes the visor/sweatband has been re-attached (not very neatly) but the velvet insert and legend on the celluloid point to the make pekuro. I have an admin officers cap with the same white cap band material by the said manufacturer.

The officer cords are possibly wrong but the NVA ones are basically the same as long as they have the metal sliders and not plastic ones.

Glenn the only way to tell is by looking at the ageing of the cords or sometimes by the feel but that's all down to experience and hands on work.

This may be an officer upgrade ? but either way it is a private purchase cap and IMO 100% correct.

cheers

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    the only way to tell is by looking at the ageing of the cords or sometimes by the feel but that's all down to experience and hands on work.
    So really it is almost impossible to look at an image on a forum like this and declare one way or the other? (as long as the cords have suitable ageing)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast