Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer M43 cap for review

Article about: I picked up this Heer M43 cap for a reasonable price but now I'm having some reservations mostly about the type of wool and color and some of the stitching. It's a late war model which may a

?

Default Heer M43 cap for review

I picked up this Heer M43 cap for a reasonable price but now I'm having some reservations mostly about the type of wool and color and some of the stitching. It's a late war model which may account for the different type of wool and some of the sloppy stitching particularly around the bill. The cap was stored and shipped improperly so I had to stretch it on a large glass head to take out the creases and restore the shape. All opinions are welcome. Thanks Al

Heer M43 cap for reviewHeer M43 cap for review

Heer M43 cap for review

Here it is compared to my other M43

Heer M43 cap for review
    Heer M43 cap for review

Heer M43 cap for review

Here are the original website photo's

Heer M43 cap for reviewHeer M43 cap for reviewHeer M43 cap for reviewHeer M43 cap for reviewHeer M43 cap for reviewHeer M43 cap for reviewHeer M43 cap for reviewHeer M43 cap for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M43 cap for review
    P
    Many

I wish I could help Aldo as these are a minefield! I once bought one minty and latter found out it was made from a cut up great coat! It had all the bits to look for! then I found feint stitch marks on the bill and promptly sent it back!

?

Thanks René, that's what I'm afraid of. I bought an m34 overseas cap long ago that was fake and luckily Ade id'd it as such and I was ablt to return it

Thanks, Al

Infantry Feldmutze Opinions Needed

?

Ok, so the website has now listed another M43 with the same physical characteristics, odd rough looking wool, similar stitching particularly around the bill, and the same exact ink stamp with run number, year and size. Even the crumpled condition looks similar. So are these real late war or a slew of fakes ?

Hello Aldo,
    Sent you a PM
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Send it back.

Have a look at the two I bought a few years ago. Just look at the wool.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    With the content of last night PM and today's email, i'm sure you know what to do with this cap
    Name the dealer pls, who knows how many of them are waiting in the shadow
    Sorry to the other members for not delivering any info on the thread, but it would help those mthrfckrs to improve their filthy work. The wool is a small issue compared to other giveaways
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    With the content of last night PM and today's email, i'm sure you know what to do with this cap
    Name the dealer pls, who knows how many of them are waiting in the shadow
    Sorry to the other members for not delivering any info on the thread, but it would help those mthrfckrs to improve their filthy work. The wool is a small issue compared to other giveaways
    Thanks
    Thank you for your detailed explanation. After so many years of collecting, I still sometimes ignore that gut feeling that something doesn't look right while chasing a bargain. This was an emedals auction which does often list fake items among many good ones. Thank you everyone for your input, it's boxed and ready to go back.

?

Hello to all!

I have owned one genuine Panzer cap from this maker and have seen and handled 2 or 3 other caps from this maker.

The shown caps in this thread are good copies but not like the original caps from this maker.

I think there is also one copy cap like this in the upcoming Ratisbon auction?

Best
    Martin

the wool is for sure odd in appearance.

William Kramer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast