Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Heer M43 Einheitsfeldmutze.....with a twist!

Article about: very nice cap, one of the best I have ever seen. thanks for showing it. you really grabbed a great prize indeed. regards Marty

Default re: Heer M43 Einheitsfeldmutze.....with a twist!

very nice cap, one of the best I have ever seen. thanks for showing it. you really grabbed a great prize indeed.
    regards Marty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M43 Einheitsfeldmutze.....with a twist!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer M43 Einheitsfeldmutze.....with a twist!

Nice hat, would like to give it an in hand inspection - I learn quicker that way.

Quote by ErichK View Post
    Nice hat, would like to give it an in hand inspection - I learn quicker that way.
    Only if you know where and what to look for and if you have developed an eye and a nose for genuine collectibles, since there are fakes out there which look more original than the originals!Follow my threads...I always post as many detailed pictures as I can ofGENUINE items (no one has done that so far AFAIK...only a few general views.)...if it doesn't look like that...it ain't kosher!I only post items of which I know a thing or three though...I'll never post or discuss Schirmmutzen for three reasons A)I don't own any and B) I cannot tell a genuine Schirm from an empty can of coke and C) I don't like them the least!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

Hi Manny,
    That's great that the forum has someone new as a go-to guy for advise on M43's. Me, I'm just fairly comfortable in my ability to determine good from bad, so I am always happy to have help when needed.

Quote by ErichK View Post
    Hi Manny,
    That's great that the forum has someone new as a go-to guy for advise on M43's. Me, I'm just fairly comfortable in my ability to determine good from bad, so I am always happy to have help when needed.
    Hi Erich,
    thanks for your nice words but I'm just a collector and an enthusiast,like anybody else here!I only try to do my best to post as many detailed pictures of a certain item as I possibly can.
    Cheers
    Manny

?

It's beautiful and I love the details. I have seen some details on the cap that remind me of Austrian manufacture.

I have 2 caps with some details as shown on yours. The elongated buttonholes and the "clipped" fold under material

on the rear seam and the scalloped front seams. It makes the cap lay better without the doubling up of material in the folds in those areas IMO.

Can you enlighten me in this area? I have seen how the Italians do superb work in minute details. There is so much I do not know and do not mean disrespect.

Quote by jws54 View Post
    It's beautiful and I love the details. I have seen some details on the cap that remind me of Austrian manufacture.

I have 2 caps with some details as shown on yours. The elongated buttonholes and the "clipped" fold under material

on the rear seam and the scalloped front seams. It makes the cap lay better without the doubling up of material in the folds in those areas IMO.

Can you enlighten me in this area? I have seen how the Italians do superb work in minute details. There is so much I do not know and do not mean disrespect.
    I JWS,
    The elongated buttonholes are very common on caps made just about everywhere in the Greater Reich and occupied territories throughout the War,even if they were simplified especially towards the end of the War.
    To be perfectly honest I don't understand what you mean by "doubling up of materials on the folds" but I must admit that this cap is one of the most beautiful M43s I've seen to date!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

Good thread Manny.
    Thanks
    SteveR

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Good thread Manny.
    Thanks
    SteveR
    Thanks Stevo!
    Cheers
    Manny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3