Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Officer M-42 Cap

Article about: Here's a somewhat rare piece of headgear. I almost literally stumbled over it in Klaus-Peter Emig's basement storehouse under a Geträkemarkt in 2002. The cap appears barely worn and unmoles

TWS
    ?

Default Heer Officer M-42 Cap

Here's a somewhat rare piece of headgear. I almost literally stumbled over it in Klaus-Peter Emig's basement storehouse under a Geträkemarkt in 2002. The cap appears barely worn and unmolested.

Heer Officer M-42 CapHeer Officer M-42 CapHeer Officer M-42 CapHeer Officer M-42 CapHeer Officer M-42 CapHeer Officer M-42 CapHeer Officer M-42 CapHeer Officer M-42 CapHeer Officer M-42 Cap
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officer M-42 Cap
    P
    Many

Very very nice side cap, seeing all this soft headgear from everyone is making me want to save for a nice hat!

Bodhi

MAP
    ?

I like it Todd. Rarely do I see these and never an officers
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I never seen one officer before....Rare !

TWS
    ?

Thanks gents. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Seller had a line on a pair of black panzer crewman trousers. He was going to offer them to me for reasonable price back then - a VERY reasonable price compared to how they have gone up since. I wish I had pursued that deal but I was preparing to move from Germany back to the states and everything was getting hectic. Glad I went on one last buying spree during my last days in country.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Fantastic--have not seen one in years!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Then you have a set of good looking examples of this model. Good job.

Gents, to get an idea of just how rare these are, I cannot recall seeing more than a handful of period photos of Officer models in wear (rare is probably an understatement).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

TWS
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Gents, to get an idea of just how rare these are, I cannot recall seeing more than a handful of period photos of Officer models in wear (rare is probably an understatement).
    Thanks stoney.
    Funny thing is I didn't set out to find a cap like this back then. It was a "target of opportunity" when I encountered it purely by chance.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Silly question but it’s just to expand my knowledge, what makes this cap so rare? Is it just the fact that it’s and M42 Officers or because of a more specific reasons. I found this cap on the internet, is it the same thing or is the one I found less rare? Probably a silly question but thought I’d ask anyway.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Here’s the one I found.
    Heer Officer M-42 CapHeer Officer M-42 Cap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast