Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze

Article about: Hi Guys, here is another cap from my collection. I knew of this cap for many years when it was in the hands of the British Veteran who brought it home in 1945. I bought it from Frank's estat

Default Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze

Hi Guys, here is another cap from my collection.

I knew of this cap for many years when it was in the hands of the British Veteran who brought it home in 1945. I bought it from Frank's estate after he sadly passed away.

This is a private purchase tailor made cap. Note the fine ribbed "Trikot" wool used in it's construction. It is unmarked other than for the size which is "58". A generic "Extra" marking is on the partial sweatband. Insignia is in Bevo style very neatly machine sewn to the cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze   Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze  

Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze   Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze

Bringing this old thread of mine back up as I feel it would be beneficial for forum members to see this cap.

Note the details of how it is made.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade thanks for posting this lovely Einheitsfeldmutze, its nice to see a truly original cap in good condition plus the insignia and how it should really look, especially the stitching and the all too often elusive side tabs, thanks dave

Hi Dave, here is a little detail I think you will like to see.

Many tailors would make a variety of uniforms and caps, both military and civil political types. Buttons used would often be whatever they had in stock. In this case, this trifty cap maker applied a quick coat of feldgrau paint and transformed these RZM marked political buttons to military spec. What I like even more is that each button came from a different supplier.

RZM M5/70 Ernst Conze, Ludenscheid

RZM M5/102 Gebr. Gloerfeld G.m.b.H., Ludenscheid

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze   Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze  

Some more of those lovely little details.

Heer Officers Einheitsfeldmutze  

?

Smart looking O Div. M43 there Ade. But you're most likely bored with it by now, so, why don't you consider retiring it to sunny South Florida?

?

very nice!!

Quote by ErichK View Post
    Smart looking O Div. M43 there Ade. But you're most likely bored with it by now, so, why don't you consider retiring it to sunny South Florida?
    Nice try! But thanks for the kind words.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Inwardly digested and stored for future use, thanks Ade, i love it when these little details are shown, its better than a reference book, and its interesting about the buttons, nothing wasted eh, cheers dave

Brought this thread back up again.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast