Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze

Article about: You got lucky old chap ! It looks like it may well be a good one. Looking forward to more pics cheers tony

Default Re: Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze

You got lucky old chap !

It looks like it may well be a good one. Looking forward to more pics

cheers

tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze
    P
    Many

?

I am very pleased for you $28 wouldent buy me a new hand for my watch, or a new LP record.

Cheers, Pat

Default Re: Very early M34 style West German Heer cap

Quote by oradour View Post
    Just to add clarity.......the BW "splittertarn" uniform, as FB mentions.......maunfactured, 1956-57, worn, 1956-early 1960's. The only uniform to remotely resemble anything Third Reich in the BW !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thank you. This is what I had in mind.

Maybe it's just me, but that splittertarn looks really strange compared to the wartime version. It would have been great if they would have kept the M44 dot camo, and issued it to all German troops. Those guys would have been invisible.

What is the proper German name for that camo, by the way?

My cap finally arrived! This cap is huge. It's helmet equivalent would be a 68 shell. The cockarde is a little loose, as well as a bit of the stitching, but other than that it looks great. There was once a label in it, but unfortunately it's long gone now. The swastika is most definitely still there. The auction folks really screwed up with this one.

So what do you gentlemen think? It looks great to me. The owner kept the side up with a bit of thread. I love looking at the contrast of the wool on side caps. The color is a nice shade of feldgrau, but when you pull down the side of it, you can tell that the thing was originally very blue.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze   Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  

Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze   Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  

Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze   Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  

Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  

I do not collect such Feldmuetzen, but appears to be a fine piece at a price of the 1960s.

Default Re: Very early M34 style West German Heer cap

Congrats Mo on getting a great scoop!
    I love the quality and feel of doeskin.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Mo

Looks very promising. What's the colour of the piping ? Can you tell what it was.....I am assuming the silver thread has tarnished or is it gold in "them der hills" ?

Great buy you lucky so and so.

cheers

tony

Heer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 FeldmützeThere is a a kind of Slibergespinst that turns this color, or it is, indeed, a general's cap, but such is above my pay grade. Colleague Spandau knows such cap fourniture from his Rw pieces.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-15-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks for your input, everyone.

So, I took a closer look at the piping. There is a loose section in the front. I turned it over, and I was very pleased to find a very brilliant yellow/gold shine coming through. While I am trying my very hardest to avoid wishful thinking, I have to say that it definitely is a gold color, and that there isn't a trace of silver. I took a photo, but unfortunately it doesn't show the shine. I will take another tomorrow outside in natural light and I should be able to get a better shot.

I have seen tarnished silver, and it tarnishes and turns into a coppery color. However the hidden parts of the piping is a very sparkly gold color. It really bothers me that my camera isn't capturing this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze  

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast