MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Officers Schirmmütze Opinion

Article about: Hello Gentlemen This is my second visor hat in my collection. I really got into them beside my helmets . I paid \\$600 for it. Is that a good price? Also can you tell me the maker? I will appr

Ves
    ?

Default Heer Officers Schirmmütze Opinion

Hello Gentlemen
    This is my second visor hat in my collection. I really got into them beside my helmets . I paid $600 for it. Is that a good price? Also can you tell me the maker? I will appreciate any comments and opinions. everything about this visor

Heer Officers Schirmmütze Opinion Heer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze OpinionHeer Officers Schirmmütze Opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers Schirmmütze Opinion
    P
    Many

The maker is Schellenberg of Berlin.
    The hat was once an NCO visor, and was probably upgraded upon promotion to officer during the war by the addition of chincords and bullion insignia.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Ves
    ?

Thanks for the info ,, stonemint '' . How do you figure out that once the visor has been NCO ? I am just curious.I would like to know everything about that visor

The stamp on the leather sweatband, which says "Gepruft", meaning that the hat was approved for wear by the company sergeant.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Ves
    ?

Thanks again , that`s a very helpful info . Every time I learn something new What about the price,is it worth it?

Hi there and congrates on your second visor. Nice 'been there' cap.

MAP
    ?

I see(n) nice condition issue NCO caps going for $400 to $500. Despite some wear on the eagle and chincord and what looks like a few stains, this is a nice doeskin cap.

I would say the price is fair but as I always say, others often have different opinions than me. Look at some of the dealer sites to see what retail values are.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ves
    ?

The visors with embroidered insignia are early or late war ? Are they more often or rare? On a old photos I have seen a visors with mixed up insignia like a metal cockade (oak leaf wreath ) with embroidered eagle,that makes me wonder.

Hi Ves, cap insignia, like the Schirmmütze itself had to be purchased by the Officer.

Like with everything today, it all comes down to money and what you were prepared to pay or could afford.

Hand done wire bullion embroidered insignia was obviously a more expensive option than pressed metal cap badges.

A metal cockade added to a wire bullion wreath was a mid range price option.

This type of insignia was more frequently seen in the early to mid war period. By 1944/45 it was less often seen due to the deteriorating war situation.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ves
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ves, cap insignia, like the Schirmmütze itself had to be purchased by the Officer.

Like with everything today, it all comes down to money and what you were prepared to pay or could afford.

Hand done wire bullion embroidered insignia was obviously a more expensive option than pressed metal cap badges.

A metal cockade added to a wire bullion wreath was a mid range price option.

This type of insignia was more frequently seen in the early to mid war period. By 1944/45 it was less often seen due to the deteriorating war situation.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello Ade
    Thank you so much for the complete information. I am glad I learned that. Now I am sure I will continue collecting Cloth headgear together with my helmets

Best regards!
    Ves