Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Offizier Schirmmütze authentic?

Article about: Hi guys, hope you are all doing well and still going strong with the collecting! So here I am again, asking for more headgear authentication help... This was another unplanned purchase of mi

Default Heer Offizier Schirmmütze authentic?

Hi guys, hope you are all doing well and still going strong with the collecting! So here I am again, asking for more headgear authentication help...

This was another unplanned purchase of mine - Another piece of headgear I just happened upon and couldn’t resist: A Wehrmacht Heer Infantry officers visor. Well it wasn’t completely unplanned, since one of these has been very high up on my wishlist for quite some time - I just didn’t originally plan on buying one just now. But I guess you’ve all been there: You were just going to buy a ammo pouch to enhance your display and before you know it and 600$ later - You end up with another big investment...

Jokes aside: Having wanted one of these for a long time; I have looked at a fair amount of pictures, both online and in books, read a lot of articles and browsed all the way back to the ”Island of plastic visors” thread here on warrelics. Based on the knowledge gained from these activities - This visor seems original to me. Adding to my confidence in pulling the trigger is the fact that I got it from a reputable source, but even they make mistakes sometimes, so I would really appreciate if you visor experts would have a look and give me your oppinions!

There are some things that don’t necessarily worry me that much, but I haven’t seen them before: Like the visor being black on the inside and not covered with leather for instance. Further more, I am not 100% sure, but it almost seems to be made out of cardboard? The detail of the cockade and eagle aren’t all that great (the detail of the acorns for instance) and I can’t find any stamps or markings anywhere on the inside of the cap. The angle of the visor in relation to the cap itself is also a bit sharper than I’ve usually seen on these visors (based on pictures).

There’s a small repair on the front top of the cap as well - Don’t know whether that’s post war or not either.

So what do you think - All original or do you notice any problems with it? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Offizier Schirmmütze authentic?   Heer Offizier Schirmmütze authentic?  

Heer Offizier Schirmmütze authentic?   Heer Offizier Schirmmütze authentic?  

Heer Offizier Schirmmütze authentic?   Heer Offizier Schirmmütze authentic?  

Heer Offizier Schirmmütze authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Offizier Schirmmütze authentic?
    P
    Many

Visor is ersatz (ie, pressed cardboard). Good late-war cap.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Visor is ersatz (ie, pressed cardboard). Good late-war cap.
    Thank you - Makes me very happy to hear! It being late war, makes it fit in even better next to my late war M42 Stahlhelm!

Hello,
    This is a very nice service used Schirmmütze, that crown is shaped as i like them
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Fine late war schirmmütze!
    I like the shape

Thanks guys!
    I really love the shape of it too!