Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Panzer Feldmütze

Article about: Hi, I purchased this sidecap this morning. A knowledge of my village come this morning to my home & exhibit this sidecap : " I have found that on the granary of the house from my fa

Default Heer Panzer Feldmütze

Hi,

I purchased this sidecap this morning.
    A knowledge of my village come this morning to my home & exhibit this sidecap : " I have found that on the granary of the house from my father in law, do you want it for your collection ?"
    Of course my friend & so he give me the sidecap.

What is your opinions about this sidecap please.

Thanks for replies.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Heer Panzer FeldmützeHeer Panzer FeldmützeHeer Panzer FeldmützeHeer Panzer FeldmützeHeer Panzer FeldmützeHeer Panzer FeldmützeHeer Panzer Feldmütze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Panzer Feldmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Heer Panzer Feldmütze

Hi Carfin, an interesting cap.

Clearly it is not an issue enlisted mans M34 cap as it is made from Trikot woolen cloth and it has a half leather sweatband. But it is devoid of Officers silver piping and officers insignia.

Looking at the colour of the cloth and that of the lining, I tend to think it has been dyed black. The wear seems to show it is lighter in places? The eagle is replaced going by the crude hand stitching and the way the backing has been badly folded under.

I see it once had a soutach in place: is there any trace of any coloured stitching to find out what colour this was?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

Thank you for reply.
    No trace of colored stitching outside or inside.
    I have absolutely no doubt from his origin in my village.
    The sidecap was very dusty & the head border was grimy, an amalgam of dust & sweat, I clean it with a clothes brush but all the dirt is not go away & I daren't to clean it with water .

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

looks good ! more for officier but all is possible in period !