Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Schirmuetze

Article about: I have an Army peaked hat , without buttons or chin strap . Is there any way to tell if it a Officers or NCO's ? Sorry no photo's , I might try to post some if wanted . Thank you any help wo

CBH
    ?

Default Heer Schirmuetze

I have an Army peaked hat , without buttons or chin strap . Is there any way to tell if it a Officers or NCO's ? Sorry no photo's , I might try to post some if wanted . Thank you any help would be great .
    Cheers Chris
    Last edited by CBH; 05-14-2012 at 06:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Schirmuetze
    P
    Many

Default re: Heer Schirmuetze

Sorry but you will have to post pic -I will then try to assist .

Agreed. There is no way to assist you without pictures.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

CBH
    ?

Should have posted photo's in the first place . But when Bob Coleman asks ,what could I say . It's nicely marked 1936 . Hope this helps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Schirmuetze   Heer Schirmuetze  

Heer Schirmuetze   Heer Schirmuetze  

?

That's an Enslisted Man's cap!

Default Re: Heer Schirmuetze

Very nice item !
    This SCHIRMMUETZE'S STyle is slightly lower that the OFFICERS' version and therefor it COULD be NCO/OTHER RANKS.Although the material is a fine GABARDINE usually found on OFFICERS CAPS .

The 3rd PIC from bottom clearly shows a small hole -is it insect-eaten hole or the hole where the silver peppled button should be -is there also button prong hole on other side of cap?

Then it confirms my opinion that this is a PARADE CAP ( style of cap and the metal EAGLE and the METAL COCKADE ) made worn by the owner as a so-called crusher which was often done .

Then again there might be rules but with this one - I am not entirely convinced that it is an OFFICERS CAP-rather more NCO/OTHER RANKS.Hope my opinion assits you.

Greet from CAPE TOWN

This is an enlisted/NCO's cap as Arran has stated.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes a Contract Pres war cap, Very classical, very desirable

Bravo
    S.Vestae

CBH
    ?

Quote by GlenAvon View Post
    Very nice item !
    This SCHIRMMUETZE'S STyle is slightly lower that the OFFICERS' version and therefor it COULD be NCO/OTHER RANKS.Although the material is a fine GABARDINE usually found on OFFICERS CAPS .

The 3rd PIC from bottom clearly shows a small hole -is it insect-eaten hole or the hole where the silver peppled button should be -is there also button prong hole on other side of cap?

Then it confirms my opinion that this is a PARADE CAP ( style of cap and the metal EAGLE and the METAL COCKADE ) made worn by the owner as a so-called crusher which was often done .

Then again there might be rules but with this one - I am not entirely convinced that it is an OFFICERS CAP-rather more NCO/OTHER RANKS.Hope my opinion assits you.

Greet from CAPE TOWN
    On the side there is the remains of tread (golden brown) and a small piece on the other side . It spent about 50years in a barn before it was given to me , with only the eagle and chin strap missing . I replaced the eagle and now I would like to complete it . Thank you for the help .
    Cheers from Cape Breton

?

If that was found in a barn after having been there for 50yrs , then its one of the finest types of preservation ive seen, there are no insect holes nor mice interference which is more than common because of the materials needed to build their nests, personally i would take that story with a pinch of salt, but it doesnt decry from the fact its a good cap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast