Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(

Article about: Greetings! Looks like a Veterinary Cap? I am unfamiliar with this diamond and would love thoughts. Although the sweatband is missing it looks ok to me. This is up for auction soon, The tunic

Default Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(

Greetings! Looks like a Veterinary Cap? I am unfamiliar with this diamond and would love thoughts. Although the sweatband is missing it looks ok to me. This is up for auction soon, The tunic is atrocious and made up but the cap is intriguing to me... Thanks a bunch!

Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Veterinary Officers Cap??? I need some help :*(
    P
    Many

It appears to be a good Paul Kaps that has had the visor resewn (poorly) and has also had the insignia reapplied (eagle is an incorrect EM/NCO model with the wide prongs that have been jammed into the original needle-prong holes.)

The 'farbe is hard to determine--is it more pink (panzer)?

Cap needs some work--Ben VK in London could repair it (and he is a Kaps aficionado).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thank you so much for your helpful insight! I’m falling in love with the visor caps more more every day and I’ve seen your threads and your knowledge is truly fascinating. Yeah, I am at a loss for the actual piping as well as I don’t have it in hand. Thank you for your insight as to the resewn visor as that was something I completely missed!

I’ve never seen an embossed diamond like that so I was a bit unsure but other than that the cap Looked OK to my eyes.
    Does he specialize in all sorts of visor And headgear repairs? Like finding period visor buttons, reassembly, and such? Thanks in advance!

Quote by Thebryguy View Post
    Thank you so much for your helpful insight! I’m falling in love with the visor caps more more every day and I’ve seen your threads and your knowledge is truly fascinating. Yeah, I am at a loss for the actual piping as well as I don’t have it in hand. Thank you for your insight as to the resewn visor as that was something I completely missed!

I’ve never seen an embossed diamond like that so I was a bit unsure but other than that the cap Looked OK to my eyes.
    Does he specialize in all sorts of visor And headgear repairs? Like finding period visor buttons, reassembly, and such? Thanks in advance!
    Yes, he does, and Ben does fantastic work. He is no longer a member of this forum, but you can reach him by PM over at the WAF.

BTW, if you are serious about TR headgear, you may want to consider investing in as many of these books as possible (especially Wim's):

Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books

& I would also recommend becoming a Gold Club Member:

Want to See & Learn More? Join the WRF Gold Club!

Sound advice by Stonemint, as usual ! This cap is also missing it's sweatband so I personally wouldn't go mad bidding on it at the auction as it will need some tlc.

I also think it looks more pink than carmine in the piping.....

cheers

Tony

Someone alerted me that Soldat.com does repairs to visors, but I have never used them:

Mützenfabrik Cap Rescue Service

Awesome thanks for that helpful advise! I picked up a few of the books on your list! I wish the headgear of hitlers germany was a bit better photographed as mine dont seem to be in color but they are great! Ill look up the other few as I am still new to headgear and always looking for good reference materials! Can you recommend a "The" book for distinguishing different visor piping for branches? sometimes its hard for me to distinguish certain types and want to make sure I get right information about items before purchasing or making an offer, as the case with this veterinary cap which turned out to be a panzer lol.

Bry, due to dye lots, age, and the fact that there were many different suppliers, there isn't always a clear line delineating piping colors.
    The hardest are the greens, ie, GJ/PzG/Admin.
    Sani blue fades over time to appear violet (Chaplain).
    Some carmines are more pink, and vice-versa.

One has to remember that the hats were not worn in isolation--the collar tabs/boards would also tell the correct unit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast