Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Heer Waffenfarbe problem

Article about: Hello all, I have this beautiful cap that I initially purchase as a Nebeltruppen EM/NCO cap. However, it appears that the Waffenfarbe does not match my Nebeltruppen tunic's shoulder boards o

G43
    ?

Default Heer Waffenfarbe problem

Hello all,

I have this beautiful cap that I initially purchase as a Nebeltruppen EM/NCO cap. However, it appears that the Waffenfarbe does not match my Nebeltruppen tunic's shoulder boards or collar tabs. I am now beginning to think that this cap is in fact a General staff cap! Opinions please.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1752.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	665768Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1756.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	665769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1751.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	665767

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Can you show us the boards and tabs that don't match it. I would also like to see a nice clear, close, straight on shot of the waffenfarbe on the hat. The lower picture makes it look striped!

Fred

G43
    ?

Hello Fred, and thank you for your reply. Strangely the striped effect you are seeing ishow it actually appears in person. It is, perhaps, from age. Unfortunalty I am away from my collection and at college, therefore I can't supply a picture at the moment. I may have another one of this hat, although. If I do I will post it tomorrow.

looks pink to me.

It looks a fairly good match to the Bordeaux red to me!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

G43
    ?

Thanks Harry and Gunny, however I disagree with both pink and Bordeaux. This, of course, is tough because the settings on your monitors could reflect different tones than others. Here is a picture of my Nebeltruppen tunic's shoulder board that I lifted from a website that previously owned it. Harry, I also have a Panzer tunic in my collection which I was able to compare with the soutache on this cap and it was different. I am still leaning towards General staff. The third picture is a General staff visor cap that I took from one of "Stonemint's" posts. The final picture is of my Panzer tunic for comparison. Any more opinions?

Name:	aaa1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	666232

Name:	IMG_1751.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	666234
    Name:  001.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  21.6 KB

Name:	00001.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	666236

?

Looks Panzer Pink to me

Cheers

G43
    ?

Thanks Datrus for your opinion.

Hi

These can be tough calls, I don't think it's panzer on these pictures, definitely not Bordeaux, aka smoke troops, which leaves either general staff/vet or faded artillery is another option.

These "different shades of waffenfabre" are impossible to judge on a picture IMO as you need to have it in hand and compare to other caps to get a real feel for the colour. As you have it in hand I guess ultimately it is your call.

Good luck.

cheers

Tony