Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Needed ID'ing this EM/NCO Schirmmütze

Article about: That's what I was thinking too Glenn, but I know absolutely NOTHING about unit markings, lol. Thanks again!

RZM
    ?

Default Help Needed ID'ing this EM/NCO Schirmmütze

Greetings,

This cap has been offered to me, but I know little about the different waffenfarbs. This one appears to be a dark green. Maybe Forestry? I am also unsure who the maker is. I am making the assumption that it is authentic and has the correct insignia. These are the only pictures I have at the moment. Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Needed ID'ing this EM/NCO Schirmmütze   Help Needed ID'ing this EM/NCO Schirmmütze  

Help Needed ID'ing this EM/NCO Schirmmütze  
    Last edited by RZM; 08-20-2013 at 12:55 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Needed ID'ing this EM/NCO Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Original Heer Enlisted mans/NCO's schirmmutze.

Ah.....the age old question of what green waffenfarbe is what!

Not forestry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dark Green could be Heeresbeamter/Army Administration or Jager...This is an early-style visor, as you probably already know...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-20-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Hi

Looks a good cap to me. It is a contract cap or standard issue other ranks service cap if you like that was given to all soldiers as part of their uniform.

The celluloid rhomboid shape is clear, as is the rust coloured lining, plus tricot material on the crown are all classic characteristics of these caps. I would say this may be Jager branch of service as the colour is green but hard to say for sure on these pics.

Any stamps under the lining ? Units would mark them as received with their stamps on the sweatbands so that may give us a clue...this was not always the case but worth a look.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Tony

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the info guys! I asked him for some more pics, so hopefully that will answer the rest of the questions. Given the moth damage on the back of the cap, what would be a good price to offer on it?

Price is tricky..........pay what you think is right for you. Lots of them about and they can cost £300 up from dealers in the UK.

That said they can be found for a lot less !

This is an early production one maybe around 1936 which makes it more interesting IMO than the later ones.

Good luck

cheers

Tony

RZM
    ?

Here is a pic of the sweat band with the maker and unit(?).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Needed ID'ing this EM/NCO Schirmmütze  
    Last edited by RZM; 08-20-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Looks like it's a Jager, well done!
    cheers, Glenn

RZM
    ?

Thanks Glenn! How can you tell it's Jager?

I'm pretty sure the stamp 12/JR is Jager Regiment....
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast