Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Herman Goring Luftwaffe Side Cap

Article about: I need some help on this one, if anyone has any pointers I'd be grateful......................eternally This is a mint cap, black, not dyed black, but real black, dark-ish/mid blue artificia

Default Herman Goring Luftwaffe Side Cap

I need some help on this one, if anyone has any pointers I'd be grateful......................eternally

This is a mint cap, black, not dyed black, but real black, dark-ish/mid blue artificial silk liner, with one ink stamp for the size 56. White eagle an cockade for the HG div, nicely stitched in by machine, even the eagle has good stitch marks to the front, nothing behind, nothing glows...................BUT............... you know what it is when you get that weird niggerly feeling that something ain't quite right, i can't put my finger on it, and I'm hoping that someone will spot something I've missed. I have no doubt that the insignia is real, and its a real cap, question is together? or not? that is the question

I have over-exposed a couple of shots to show the material, not the colour. pretty poor photos too, but in a rush

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Herman Goring Luftwaffe Side Cap   Herman Goring Luftwaffe Side Cap  

Herman Goring Luftwaffe Side Cap   Herman Goring Luftwaffe Side Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Herman Goring Luftwaffe Side Cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Herman Goring Luftwaffe Side Cap

Hi John, I think you are right to have that feeling about this cap. Personally, I don't like it either.

My concerns are the material it is made from: the quality is really too good. Compare it to it's more common blue counterpart. These always seem to exhibit a bit of reworked wool even in pre war quality items. The lining is another concern. I would prefer to see cotton. Finally machine stitiched insignia on these is not normally seen. I am not crazy about the cockade too.

I would not buy this one.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade
    Thank you, It just don't feel right to me

I thought the insignia was ok, but then again, I'm always learning, you know that. Thanks for your input...............taken on-board

?

To me I don't see any of red flags, but we can base the doubts on the condition only
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

a realy "clean" item...to clean for this rare cap?...

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    a realy "clean" item...to clean for this rare cap?...
    That is what worries me the most, i mean there's mint, and then there's MINT! and this one is a cracker (I have it) but I'm not sure on it, although the construction, cut, and material seem right................ Maybe it is real, maybe not, and because of the doubt in me I won't sell it on. . If your up at Leeds in Dec Ade, if i still have it, can you take a look? 3 people have said its ok, one said not, but apart from saying about its condition, he had nothing else to add