Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hermann Goring Visor

Article about: A recent pick-up for me--a visor for an EM/NCO of the Hermann Goring Division. Although unmarked, this one is actually made by Schellenberg of Berlin. The distributor is Carl Derwig, also of

Default Hermann Goring Visor

A recent pick-up for me--a visor for an EM/NCO of the Hermann Goring Division.
    Although unmarked, this one is actually made by Schellenberg of Berlin. The distributor is Carl Derwig, also of Berlin (there are many Derwig repros on Ebay--this is not one of them).

What makes this visor somewhat rare is that most HG division hats you see are contract caps (the ones with the Lieferjahr stamp), while this one is private purchase.

This is a wartime cap, in that it has a 1-piece visor, with the typical Schellenberg Presstoff sweatband, with their characteristic perforation pattern.

Hat shows only minimal use, and most assuredly was a walking-out visor. Only one small spot of mothing on the bottom wool trim (which is an Eskimo wool, as compared to the quality Trikot blaugrau of the body).

Hope you all like it as much as I do:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Goring Visor   Hermann Goring Visor  

Hermann Goring Visor   Hermann Goring Visor  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Goring Visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hermann Goring Visor

That's in fantastic condition, I've been to Bahnhof Friedrichstr many times and i don't think this hat maker is still there

Pristine condition!! your photography brings the colors to the front. Very nice Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks, guys. A few more pics. The wool felt behind the sweatband is characteristic of most Schellenbergs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Goring Visor   Hermann Goring Visor  

?

Sweet Jesus she sure is pretty!!!! Vey nice pickup Stoney.

Nice cap mate I could see myself getting into these a little bit, if I can ever tear myself away from the steel pots.

I came in here expecting to see a bad fake of Hermann's own extravagant headwear

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Nice cap mate I could see myself getting into these a little bit, if I can ever tear myself away from the steel pots.

I came in here expecting to see a bad fake of Hermann's own extravagant headwear
    Take a break from them when you get an SS
    It's a shame this isn't in a museum

Thanks for the kind comments. Here is nice pic of one of these hats in wear:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Goring Visor  

Wunderbar!!!!

I love the shape of this cap, congrats Chris!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast