Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)

Article about: by stonemint Arran pointed out that the CGM visor is not the Swearingen visor (which I thought it was). While I have been aware of the Swearingen visor for a long time, I was only tangential

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Arran pointed out that the CGM visor is not the Swearingen visor (which I thought it was).
    While I have been aware of the Swearingen visor for a long time, I was only tangentially aware of this one, as it apparently resided with W-H for a long time (and always assumed it was the Swearingen visor).

Gottlieb is apparently claiming this came from Swearingen, too, but Swearingen only mentions one visor in his account, and the one pictured with him is the one I was familiar with.

In any event, I am interested in hearing the history of this "3rd" AH visor (at least per CG), which is visor #4 .

Lets keep it clean of personal attacks on the dealer, please, and keep the discussion in a manner befitting this forum.
    Colleagues, the issue here is not the character of the more over the top personages who, for better or worse, inhabit this biotope. This is apparently really Hitler's hat, and at close range.
    I am grateful for the chance to see it at close range.
    Please do not construe that I wish to defend an individual, which is hardly my goal.
    My interest lies in the artifacts and less in the injustices of this world which are legion and which are likely to increase yet again.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-01-2014 at 11:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)
    P
    Many

This was one of the better AH knock-offs. Insignia was direct-embroidered to the hat.
    Never did get an interior shot. Most likely a one-off project:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

In answer to my post 24 about the inner. My German friend had a look what he
    had about photographs from the inner. These two he did find and so I would like
    to include them here in this thread. He did not have better photographs anymore.

As with the early cap version the manufacturer is Holters from Berlin.

Hitler Visor #4 (or 6) Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)

Where are the Hitler hats that Kujau made? One was for sale at Berliner Auktionshaus around 2010-2011, i think starting at €600.- then a while later another was offered on MILI321.

No idea Jo. Have heard around, but nobody can tell. Do not know no collector
    who bought that stuff! Would be interesting to compare such visored cap here!

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    In answer to my post 24 about the inner. My German friend had a look what he
    had about photographs from the inner. These two he did find and so I would like
    to include them here in this thread. He did not have better photographs anymore.

As with the early cap version the manufacturer is Holters from Berlin.

Hitler Visor #4 (or 6) Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)
    Wonderful material. Thank you.

Wim, thanks to you and your friend for the fine photos.

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Where are the Hitler hats that Kujau made? One was for sale at Berliner Auktionshaus around 2010-2011, i think starting at €600.- then a while later another was offered on MILI321.
    The hat in pic #42 might have been one--I recall pulling it from an auction house around then.

Default A.H. Visors

Another great post and photos by the fine people on this forum.No where do you see such very rare pieces as here on WRF.

Here's a interesting news report from 1987 i believe. Saved a screenshot some time ago, there was no photos.

Btw, didn't know Kujau made Hitler visors? Of course, he faked everything else related to the man, so why not.

Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast